Reaction score
When listening to Disco music, you absolutely MUST:

Wear a white jacket and pants
Have shades on
Wear your hair in a ridiculously huge afro
Move your arm up and down with your finger pointed

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One of my pet peeves is when people think funk is the same thing as disco. There's a difference, people.
The pioneers of funk:
James Brown
Sly Stone
George Clinton (and his whole Parliament/Funkadelic empire)
Bootsy Collins (a Clinton protégée who came into his own with Bootsy's Rubber Band).

Disco was more in the hands of producers like Giorgio Moroder, Robert Stigwood, and such. And most disco acts ended up on Neil Bogart's Casablanca label. Apart from KISS, the disco roster included the Village People, Donna Summer, and Lipps Inc.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like Tom Hanks, he's a good actor and all, but I just don't know if I can see him as Mister Rogers . . . sure, he pulled off Walt Disney in SAVING MR. BANKS, but I just can't envision him as Mister Rogers. . . .

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Tom Hanks has been more gracious than most about his film career.
I remember first seeing him in the sitcom "Bosom Buddies" with Peter Scolari. Tom's career skyrocketed, Peter, meh (apart from his Newhart gig). But Tom lobbied to get him bit parts in several of his films.

Maybe as Mr. Rogers, Tom will have Peter cast as Mr. McFeeley (if not Trolley!) 8)

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hey @fuzzygobo, how about this for a disco tune that'll easily get stuck in your head?

Nice bass line to it. This is actually pretty decent.
The middle section could have easily been used for the opening theme for "CHiPS" and nobody would know the difference.