Muppet Fan Confessions

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Back then I never really liked Bert because he was a party pooper.
I always liked Bert, he's nerdy and obsessive, which I think all of us hear can relate to lol, and he may seem like a stick in the mud but he does enjoy having fun, he just has to be pushed into it a little. Plus, you can't have Ernie without Bert, and vice versa. They were literally made for each other. I didn't like Bert very much when I was little, but now that I have a little brother I can relate to Bert a lot more.

:frown::stick_out_tongue:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I've only seen bits and pieces of Treasure Island. Haven't watched the full movie yet, but it is on my to-do list.
It's worth watching at least once, if for no other reason than Tim Curry.

Any Del

Reaction score
I always liked Bert, he's nerdy and obsessive, which I think all of us hear can relate to lol, and he may seem like a stick in the mud but he does enjoy having fun, he just has to be pushed into it a little. Plus, you can't have Ernie without Bert, and vice versa. They were literally made for each other. I didn't like Bert very much when I was little, but now that I have a little brother I can relate to Bert a lot more.

:frown::stick_out_tongue:
Right now I love Bert because I CAN relate to him! :laugh: I barely speak to anyone other than my family and Professors and a few of my close friends. I'm also nerdy myself I love watching cartoons, anime and etc. To me Bert reminds me of Squidward from Spongebob. I use to think the samething about Squidward but not anymore.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed how when Bert becomes the butt of a joke, it's funny, but most of the time it looks bad when the joke's on Ernie?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
If anything, Ernie's more of the unlikable one. Example: Follow That Bird

:stick_out_tongue:: Oh, no, Bert! I'm afraid you've lost him?
:frown:: I LOST HIM??!!!
:stick_out_tongue:: Yeah, while you were singing, Bert!

Not to mention the pizza/grape juice sketch, as well as the end of "Dance Myself to Sleep."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly that pizza looked good.... Till I found out it had anchovies. :grouchy:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed how when Bert becomes the butt of a joke, it's funny, but most of the time it looks bad when the joke's on Ernie?
Yeah, especially when Jim was playing him, he often played him like an energetic little kid, so it seemed kind of mean-spirited when the writers flipped the script (pun intended).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, so let's be honest.

How many of y'all thought the lead singer was Richard Hunt before late 2009?