Questions about anything

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You should definitely check it out if you like stoner/buddy flicks. It's even funnier now that I really understand more of the jokes after my experince with weed.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One of my favorite flicks that had several great buddy moments was Easy Money (Rodney Dangerfield and Joe Pesci). Neat scene of them toking up, involving driving, giggles, and a wedding cake.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just because I never had or used one, what exactly were beeper/pagers, and what purpose did they even serve? I mean instead of calling someone on the phone, your number is somehow transfered to a little block box that beeps? Huh?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I never had one either. Too expensive for doing a minimal task. It was more of a status symbol for people to think, "Hey, I'm a busy, happening guy! Somebody's trying to reach me, I gotta call'em back. Ciao!"

But you still gotta find a phone to call whoever back.
Popular with yuppies, hipsters, and drug dealers.

Before that (this was more in the realm of doctors) you called in your answering service if you had any messages. Those were swingin' times.

Any Del

Reaction score
Why is the MTA raising the fare but the service is STILL crap? In the next 10 years the fare would be up to I dunno..... $8.00?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can anybody explain this to me?

In the scene from the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, when Donatello and Casey Jones are working on his car, it ends up driving out the barn, Donatello says, "it worked!", and then Casey just throws a rag at him.

Why did Casey throw the rag at him? Was it works a bad pun or something? After all, they did get the car working, even if it destroyed part of the building/garage/barn.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I'm not a big fan of most Sesame stuff from 2009 - onward, but uh...

I actually thought of checking out the special of Elmo turning green. Is it worth having one watch?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So I'm not a big fan of most Sesame stuff from 2009 - onward, but uh...

I actually thought of checking out the special of Elmo turning green. Is it worth having one watch?
I'd say yes. Paul Rudd is pretty funny, there's a running gag of Cookie Monster being desperate for a cookie, there's some good Oscar and Telly comedy, Abby even makes a reference to the Amazing Mumford!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Fair enough then.

I think my little brother has the DVD. If not, I'll see if it's on Amazon video (I know you can buy it on YouTube, but I've had issues with YouTube streaming).