The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, as with other cons, I'd consider it if someone was going to be there who I would like to meet . . . like, say if Jim Martin and Gary Gnu happened to be there like they evidently were at this Pittburgh furry convention:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Furries look like fun. When my wife and I were in Disney World on our honeymoon in 2001, I was convinced I wanted to move to Orlando, put on a costume, walk around and get mobbed by fans clamoring for selfies. Sounded like a great gig.
Didn't exactly work out that way.
A few years later, I did get to dress up as Blue (was Blue's Clues part of anyone's childhood?) That was fun. For an afternoon.
Trouble is, those costumes get unbearably hot, and you don't always have the best vision. So if you're the least bit claustrophobic, you'll freak.
There was a member on here once named Harleena who was totally into cosplay. People dressing up to emulate their favorite characters- cartoon, anime, etc. Even having contests to see who was more authentic.
Trouble comes from people believing they really were that character.
Surrendering their own identity to take on somebody else's. It might be okay for a day, but not for a lifetime.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest,

I'd probably dress up as Nick from Zootopia if I were to go to one. Or Sonic.