The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
At this point in my life, I've stopped caring about Valentine's day. I'm probably never gonna date anyone given my extreme repulsion to physical contact anyway.

My parents will probably give me a box of chocolate out of pity and I am 100% ok with that. Free chocolate.
That's the best part for me, my parents always buy us kids candy every year. But other than that, it's just a normal day for me.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm going to be going shopping for clearance sale candy the day after VD, as per tradition. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I loved Valentine's Day in elementary school, if only because it was an excuse to have a free day: we'd have parties with pink cupcakes and fruit punch and stuff, and we'd decorate old shoe boxes to look like little mailboxes, and we'd all drop store-bought Valentine's with cartoon characters on them into everyone's boxes. We'd also either watch a movie, or play CDs. Either way, any day you got to have a party in class was a good day.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Never had a chance to discuss this before: Catholics are concerned because for the first time, Valentine's Day is falling on the same day as Ash Wednesday. So anyone who typically gives up chocolate for Lent has a problem, lol. Now, personally I say giving up chocolate for Lent is missing the point entirely. You're supposed to be doing something good in the world. Giving up chocolate is just a silly New Year's Resolution.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I always miss getting free candy and cards in the elementary days. :frown:

You know that joke of how being born in November means your parents had a "wonderful" Valentine's day?

....sometimes I wonder the same about my own parents, because it's been said I was supposed to arrive in November but came out later than expected.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Never had a chance to discuss this before: Catholics are concerned because for the first time, Valentine's Day is falling on the same day as Ash Wednesday. So anyone who typically gives up chocolate for Lent has a problem, lol. Now, personally I say giving up chocolate for Lent is missing the point entirely. You're supposed to be doing something good in the world. Giving up chocolate is just a silly New Year's Resolution.
Well, I'm Episcopalian and I'm glad my church isn't making a big deal out of it. Episcopalians are usually pretty chill about that sort of thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never even knew what Lint was until MrsPepper told me countless years ago that she was giving up the internet for Lint (save for research for school work and such) . . . we used to be Baptist, and apparently Baptists aren't really big on giving things up, lol.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I never even knew what Lint was until MrsPepper told me countless years ago that she was giving up the internet for Lint (save for research for school work and such) . . . we used to be Baptist, and apparently Baptists aren't really big on giving things up, lol.
Yeah, Baptists usually refrain from observing Lent (that's the correct spelling btw), mostly because years ago they abandoned the traditional Church of England calendar.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, I'm Episcopalian and I'm glad my church isn't making a big deal out of it. Episcopalians are usually pretty chill about that sort of thing.
Yeah we Catholics are fond of our strange rituals. ;D

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lint, lololol. Like Froggy said it's Lent, but that's funny, lol.