Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
The Workshop has kept a relatively good record of all of their material, thousands of hours of videotapes and films, and everything in between. But there is a reason none of these rare clips show up so often. It's because they didn't test well with kids, and couldn't hold up to the other more popular skits and songs.

Sure, it would be great to see some of these old things again, but they just aren't relevant to the majority of today's children, and that's who the Workshop aims for. Besides, they have bigger fish to fry, such as the continued production of new, more accessible Sesame Street shows for kids all over, plus various other educational programs and initiatives.

In short, none of these clips are really lost. They just aren't going to be seen anytime soon officially, due to their ephemeral nature. They are relevant to nobody but the hardcore fans.
Ohhhhh, now I see why we can't watch some of the clips. Whew, at least they're all in storage. Even the Wicked Witch 847 episode is in storage, too. But I'm still suspicious about whatever happened to Show #12 from 1969 (that one didn't surface along with all the other first 16 shows from 1969 that leaked online in 2015) and the Season 16 premiere (which wasn't included in the Noggin Unpaved package), considering that truly only those two we know may be really lost, judging by searching for clues about this.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
BTW Look what Sesame Maniac has finally uploaded after I worked together with a few fellows of mine to write to him requesting the AMs Bus Stop skit. LOL XD

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
1966 was a premiere episode and had a significant story and was made by the time VHS was becoming popular. I doubt it's lost. Sesame Workshop may have just forgotten to ship it out to Noggin.

Episode 12 is another story but again, unless the workshop themselves say so, it's speculation. Maybe whoever leaked the episodes just forgot to take that one.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm talking about skits that didn't make it to the era of VCR's and weren't shown on Noggin, meaning it's up to the Workshop themselves to release it.
The Anything Muppet school skit I mentioned in a couple other threads would have had a huge shot at becoming well-known to us fans at this point in time if it hadn't been for my youngest sister's big mistake years ago...or if I had gotten into the tape trading game sooner. :sigh:

I worked together with a few fellows of mine to write to him requesting the AMs Bus Stop skit. LOL XD
Seriously? :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Again, I feel bad for Sesame Maniac. Literally. Everytime he doesn't post something in a while, there's one person who's like "omg where have u been u haven't posted anything in a while!!!!1111!!!!" Or "yayyy ur posting things again can u upload dis clip or dat clip?!" And to be honest, I'm glad I have that status of being that "unpopular" uploader who I'm sure many fans that aren't on this site probably just think "Oh, wattamack/LittleJerryfan, he has nothing worth uploading" because then I don't get fans bugging me about uploading clips from certain episodes.

To be honest, Hooperfan/Sesame Maniac is probably the Boober-Gorg/Sawing14s of the 2010's. Remember when so many fans would bug him to upload clips until he made his little announcement on his channel? To me, I feel like Sesame Maniac is in that same boat. And there are times I feel so bad for him.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I feel like that's everyone, though. S14 and Hooperfan may get a little more because they had such a vast, large collection. And it's an interesting generational gap - S14 had tons of classic stuff, but Hooperfan's is virtually all 90s stuff.

I'm sure some of it is just ungratefulness, but others come off as not knowing any better / having no idea on proper socially acceptable behavior.

And, yeah, it's nice to see a "new" classic clip (even though I've already seen it at the Paley Center), getting "few fellows of mine to write to him?" Jeez. If there were a prominent Sesame fandom, this would be giving it a bad name.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well Elmo, look at all the crap Schfifty's gone through recently? Even when SW began blocking his uploads for copyright, he got crap for it from others and it wasn't even his fault. And need I remind everybody that people have bugged me for episodes after I repeatedly explained I wasn't going to bother going through all the trouble again after SW dished copyright strikes at me?

As the saying/trope goes, this is why, "We Can't Have Nice Things."

Schfifty

Reaction score
That's what you get when you have obsessive people who don't entirely grasp the concept of respect. If you don't know how to handle them well, obsessions can be dangerous.

And yeah, it's kind of sad when you're like the holy grail to some fans, because they'll definitely want a whole bunch out of ya. It can be aggravating, all right.

And to be honest, I'm glad I have that status of being that "unpopular" uploader who I'm sure many fans that aren't on this site probably just think "Oh, wattamack/LittleJerryfan, he has nothing worth uploading" because then I don't get fans bugging me about uploading clips from certain episodes.
Hey now, you were one of the biggest names in Sesame content on YT ten years ago. You may not think of yourself as popular anymore, but you're still a big asset. :wink:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I feel like that's everyone, though. S14 and Hooperfan may get a little more because they had such a vast, large collection. And it's an interesting generational gap - S14 had tons of classic stuff, but Hooperfan's is virtually all 90s stuff.

I'm sure some of it is just ungratefulness, but others come off as not knowing any better / having no idea on proper socially acceptable behavior.

And, yeah, it's nice to see a "new" classic clip (even though I've already seen it at the Paley Center), getting "few fellows of mine to write to him?" Jeez. If there were a prominent Sesame fandom, this would be giving it a bad name.
Well Elmo, look at all the crap Schfifty's gone through recently? Even when SW began blocking his uploads for copyright, he got crap for it from others and it wasn't even his fault. And need I remind everybody that people have bugged me for episodes after I repeatedly explained I wasn't going to bother going through all the trouble again after SW dished copyright strikes at me?

As the saying/trope goes, this is why, "We Can't Have Nice Things."
That's what you get when you have obsessive people who don't entirely grasp the concept of respect. If you don't know how to handle them well, obsessions can be dangerous.

And yeah, it's kind of sad when you're like the holy grail to some fans, because they'll definitely want a whole bunch out of ya. It can be aggravating, all right.

Hey now, you were one of the biggest names in Sesame content on YT ten years ago. You may not think of yourself as popular anymore, but you're still a big asset. :wink:
Yeah, you know what? I'm becoming one of the biggest SS fan uploaders on YouTube and now everyone's bragging all the **** outta me for MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE. I'm getting sick of all these people who can't control it when they want more clips, and of course, I stopped taking requests and am fixing to block all those weenies on YouTube if they start beatin' me up and down about it. I blocked a user by the name of "Blue'sClues&TheWigglesFTW TeenTitansGo!FTL" because he won't shut the **** up about the Hippies' "Surprise!" song (the FULL version uncut, directly from SW's archives) and won't quit nagging me about it.

Also, I have all the Classic Sesame Street 1969-1972 Muppet inserts there are on YouTube safe and backed up on my computer in case Sesame Workshop's bloody bear-claws spread to some of the rarer clips on YouTube (and I mean "rarer" as in "there's only one sole copy of the clip available on YouTube," and once it gets taken off for copyright, the public will never see it again, but Sesame Workshop still retains copies of the clip in their archive but will not send it out due to copyright reasons). As Scarecroe says on Muppet Wiki, "If it's deleted, it's gone forever unless someone has a backup."

Literally, Sesame Maniac, Schfifty-Three and I have been the biggest victims of Sesame Workshop's bloody bear-claws spreading to our SS videos on YouTube as of this year.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score

And man, Oscarfan, I'm surprised that you, too went to see that clip via Episode 560 at the Paley Center for Media. And I'm lucky enough that Sesame Maniac has a copy of the Bus Stop skit on his copy of Episode 2657 taped off PBS, because you cannot take your camera with you to record ANY television/movie footage at The Paley Center for Media due to legal reasons (it's like a movie theater, and y'all already know the law that they don't allow cameras there, either).