R.I.P. Bud Luckey

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
According to toughpigs, one of Sesame Street's pioneers has passed away today. Bud Luckey was and will always be known as the #1 fiddler, Donnie Bud, on this numbers show. Yes, the animator, composer, and singer of such classics as Ladybug's Picnic, The Alligator King, and other such songs has died. Others may remember him for his work with Disney/Pixar, especially another character named in his honor, Harry "Bud" Luckey from Monsters Inc.

Here's to a great man who taught countless generations their numbers who then turned around and helped teach him about the numbers involved in working with computers.
:batty: :sigh: :scary:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
He actually died yesterday from what I'm reading on Wikipedia. He was 83, but it doesn't say a cause of death.

Still, very sad. :frown:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
According to toughpigs, one of Sesame Street's pioneers has passed away today. Bud Luckey was and will always be known as the #1 fiddler, Donnie Bud, on this numbers show. Yes, the animator, composer, and singer of such classics as Ladybug's Picnic, The Alligator King, and other such songs has died. Others may remember him for his work with Disney/Pixar, especially another character named in his honor, Harry "Bud" Luckey from Monsters Inc.

Here's to a great man who taught countless generations their numbers who then turned around and helped teach him about the numbers involved in working with computers.
:batty: :sigh: :scary:
Do you have the link for it?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Aw man, this is really sad. Alligator King and Ladybug's Picnic are both iconic segments/songs from SS. He will be missed.:cry:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Darnit, just when I was in a good mood... :frown:

I guess he'll be boundin' up in Heaven now. RIP.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought he had passed away years ago, but gee, still sad though.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Aw, that's really sad. He was my favorite animator on Sesame Street. His cartoons were fun, unique, full of catchy songs, and full of heart. He's been a big part of my childhood, as well as many others. Thanks Bud for the memories.

These are my two favorite shorts of his:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Alligator King was my favorite growing up as a little girl.

In fact, I used to wear out the 25th Anniversary Musical Celebration tape all the time because of that.