Start banning people

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It's up to you, but initially you can still put members on ignore and or just not go on certain threads.
I mean I could. But the block system kinda sucks. It doesnt stop people you blocked from seeing your posts, just the other way around. Nothing is stopping the blocked person from continuing their harassment. The victim just can't see it. Which is kinda unfortunate.

But you said that there are multiple people on this forum who need to be punished, and I fear that I may be one of them.
nah. you havent done anything that i know of

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@MikaelaMuppet

For the record, I haven't seen you antagonize anyone, and I think people here would bring it up to you if they had an issue with you.

I'm gonna give you some friendly advice: I think you seem a bit too paranoid when stuff like this comes up on the forum, so the best I can say is try not to worry about it until someone comes up to you first.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem has become worse given the current options available to the forum's staff members.

Before 2011, the forum had a 3 Strikes system where the first instance of toxic/intolerable behavior would earn a member a one-week temporary suspension; the second instance, a month-long temporary suspension; and if they came back after that still acting in the same untenable manner, they would be permanently banned.

So what happened in 2011 to make such a successful system no longer feasible? Simple, the forum got Facebook-ized. Yep, that was when the forum adopted the "Like/Unlike" link at the bottom of every post; along with the new membership ranks, trophy points, and a list of people's names at the bottom of the forum's main page. The only time a mod can deal with troublesome members is in their first month of membership, and often a member account stays blank with 0 posts so a judgment can't be made either way. Either that, or multiples are created long after the member's first month has elapsed. Honestly, I'd appreciate it if staff members had member-banning powers available to them at all times, but it is what it is for now. :sigh:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
@MikaelaMuppet

For the record, I haven't seen you antagonize anyone, and I think people here would bring it up to you if they had an issue with you.

I'm gonna give you some friendly advice: I think you seem a bit too paranoid when stuff like this comes up on the forum, so the best I can say is try not to worry about it until someone comes up to you first.
@LittleJerry92,

I will try not to worry about it anymore.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I mean I could. But the block system kinda sucks. It doesnt stop people you blocked from seeing your posts, just the other way around. Nothing is stopping the blocked person from continuing their harassment. The victim just can't see it. Which is kinda unfortunate.

nah. you havent done anything that i know of
That’s good.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The problem has become worse given the current options available to the forum's staff members.

Before 2011, the forum had a 3 Strikes system where the first instance of toxic/intolerable behavior would earn a member a one-week temporary suspension; the second instance, a month-long temporary suspension; and if they came back after that still acting in the same untenable manner, they would be permanently banned.

So what happened in 2011 to make such a successful system no longer feasible? Simple, the forum got Facebook-ized. Yep, that was when the forum adopted the "Like/Unlike" link at the bottom of every post; along with the new membership ranks, trophy points, and a list of people's names at the bottom of the forum's main page. The only time a mod can deal with troublesome members is in their first month of membership, and often a member account stays blank with 0 posts so a judgment can't be made either way. Either that, or multiples are created long after the member's first month has elapsed. Honestly, I'd appreciate it if staff members had member-banning powers available to them at all times, but it is what it is for now. :sigh:
To be fair. Facebook itself can still ban people.

I wasn't around in 2011, so unless I'm missing something, I don't see how those changes would have an effect on the three strikes and you're out deal.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

I wasn't around in 2011, so unless I'm missing something, I don't see how those changes would have an effect on the three strikes and you're out deal.
I think it has something to do with how the forum itself is set up and what permissions are granted to the mods. When the forum changed hosts, stuff went...wonky...and it just hasnt been addressed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

Not entirely sure why making the forum compatible with Facebook knocked out the 3 Strikes system, then again, that has to do with the behind-the-scenes coding which I have no idea how it works anyway. All I know is that even as a mod the 3 Strikes system was no longer working or in place after 2011. *Shrugs.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yes, I completely agree. I mean, I almost left this place because a certain thread got really nasty and it was bumming me out.
Yes! I literally threatened to leave because of that thread! Luckily, I think most of the people involved in that thread (including myself) have mostly stopped posting in it.

At this point, it may seem unfair to some, but I think any political thread created from now on should be deleted immediately. I just don't think some members are capable of having civil conversations about politics. Not to mention, most of those discussions just end up going around in circles anyway.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yes! I literally threatened to leave because of that thread! Luckily, I think most of the people involved in that thread (including myself) have mostly stopped posting in it.

At this point, it may seem unfair to some, but I think any political thread created from now on should be deleted immediately. I just don't think some members are capable of having civil conversations about politics. Not to mention, most of those discussions just end up going around in circles anyway.
I left the political threads too.