The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mimitchi33

Reaction score
And now I present to you a poorly animated rip-off of Captain Underpants from the UK!

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
And now I present to you a poorly animated rip-off of Captain Underpants from the UK!
See, this is why I hate it when shows take toilet humor up to 11.

And that thing looks like an even uglier version of Fanboy.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Oh, and for those not in the know, this was actually based on a book series. At least in the TV series, not-George & not-Harold look less like Dav Pilkey knockoffs than the books:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
So, I finally got around to seeing the Emoji Movie. While it wasn't quite as terrible as I thought it would be, it was still really dumb.

The plot was super unoriginal (main character feels like he dosen't fit in, so he goes on a quest along with other misfits to try and fit in), it was packed to the brim with cliches and stereotypes, and a lot of the characters were super annoying (especially the High Five emoji). Not to mention the whole film was pretty much an advertisement for certain popular apps like Spotify and YouTube.

I will say though, it was kinda so bad, it's good. There were certain parts in the movie that I couldn't help but laugh at because they were so cheesy. And I did like the scene with the internet troll and virus bar (with a literal Trojan Horse as the bartender). But I definitely would not watch The Emoji Movie again, and I would not reccomend it to anyone unless they are only watching it to make fun of it MST3K style (like I did). I honestly would rather watch Dorbees 5 times in a row than watch this once again.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Because of money. The answer to everything in showbiz.
John Lasseter did everything in his power to stop G&J, but it made a decent amount at the box office due to having no competition. Looks like this would be no different, unfortunately.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm really not looking forward to the new Grinch movie. The Grinch looks too cute and cuddly here (he looks like a Who, honestly) when he should look creepy and menacing. Plus the movie just overall feels too much like Despicable Me (which isn't a surprise given that it's from the same studio). Why can't Hollywood just leave the classics alone?