The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Steve Swanson: Now the Dark Crystal is all those things you said, and right now you're interested in being artsy and all that and I get that, college is great, however the question I have is, is this movie entertaining? And I propose to you no, it is not entertaining. Is it interesting? Yes. Is it creative? Yes. Does it make you wanna build a world? Yes. All those things, it's a yes, but when you come down to the fact that is this movie entertaining, my answer to that is no, and it seems judging from the numbers that an overwhelming number of the audience members that went to this movie would say no as well. That's why I'm not sure we need more of this and it's also why making fun of DC has become sort of a sport alongside the way badminton is sorta a sport. We talk about it and it's kinda cool, fun and creative, but a lot of us really don't like it all that much.
JD Hansel: But the thing is, anyone who's intelligent can recognize that not every movie has to be entertaining. There's no reason why every movie or TV show must exist specifically and solely for entertainment. You can have films that exist for a variety of purposes.
Steve grumbles: Maybe.
JD: I know you hate that thought, but I study film, so I actually had to watch movies that aren't just designed for entertainment.
Steve: Hold on though, Hansel, cause I study music. I can talk about atonal rows, Schoenberg, all these crazy musical theory models where you're getting the tone row, and Hillary Mukivitz and a couple other people, you know what I'm talking about. You know the pain of atonal music and you know who horrible it sounds. Actually, maybe some of you like it, but not many people. It exists because it's a mathematical form, a valid form of expression, there's a form, reason, rhyme to it and all that stuff, but at the end of the day, it's not entertaining music and it's not something that most people get meaning out of, and that's what I'm saying. DC is the tone row of films. It's not all that entertaining, that's what I'm actually saying. It's very interesting and intricate, but I don't revere it to the same extend. I don't hold it as dear to my heart as many of Jim's other projects. I still love Jim, I still love all of his work, but I think DC was in a weird way a move forward in so many ways, but as an audience member who wanted to be entertained, I think it was kinda a miss and that's why I'm not sure we need more of it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ACE WORRELL: A big monkey, a monkey, mind you, has climbed to the top of the Empire State Building. The one in New York City, New York. I've been there! And . . . he's got a girl.
CADET: A girl? You mean like a girl back home?
ACE WORRELL: I mean he's got a girl, and it's gone on for far too long! Her parents don't like it, he doesn't have a job, he has never been in the service!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Yesterday, I heard my momma say that my daddy was sharp as a tack, and smart as a whip. That doesn't sound like my daddy, that sounds like a dangerous dude! Boy, grown-ups sure talk funny, knowwhutImean?" ~ Baby Ernest

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"Everyone one has special talents and callings, but we're too afraid to show people who we really are. Celebrities are just normal people who weren't afraid of what others would think of their interests."
- My aunt

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Baby Kermit: I wonder what they do with all those boxtops anyway.
Baby Fozzie: Hey! Maybe they have a million boxes without tops already, and they need our tops to close those boxes, so they can sell them to other kids like us, who save the tops and sent them back again, so that people can cover more boxes and sell them to even more kids!
Baby Kermit: You know, it's kinda scary, but I think I almost understood that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CONAN: So tell me, what went wrong with this movie?
OOGIELOVE: I have no idea! The Oogieloves movie has everything kids loves! Balloons, talking animals with shrieking voices, puppets with dead eyes, plus every kid's favorite celebrities - Toni Braxton and Chazz Palminteri!
CONAN: (Laughing) Chazz Palminteri?!
OOGIELOVE: He's got Chazz-matazz!