Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Where did you find this out?
Because my mom included the song in her first video project, and there's a copyright claim on that song by Gilbert Gottfried, for some reason.

Youtube have decided SUPERMARIOLOGAN can no longer make money
#WTFYOUTUBE
Well, again, he doesn't own characters that are legally the property of a mega corporation that's very protective of its characters and properties, like Nintendo, so really, he shouldn't be monetizing videos using copyrighted characters - that's infringement no matter how you look at it. I don't monetize my MORON LEAGUE videos, even though they should fall under Fair Use because they're parodies, they're still copyrighted characters that I don't own, and knowing what a notorious copyright bully Warner Bros. is, I'd be asking for trouble trying to monetize.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Because my mom included the song in her first video project, and there's a copyright claim on that song by Gilbert Gottfried, for some reason.

Well, again, he doesn't own characters that are legally the property of a mega corporation that's very protective of its characters and properties, like Nintendo, so really, he shouldn't be monetizing videos using copyrighted characters - that's infringement no matter how you look at it. I don't monetize my MORON LEAGUE videos, even though they should fall under Fair Use because they're parodies, they're still copyrighted characters that I don't own, and knowing what a notorious copyright bully Warner Bros. is, I'd be asking for trouble trying to monetize.
It doesn't matter this guy makes a living making this videos and now he can't

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

What video project did she use the song for?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Could’ve been his podcast also.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So why don't I get a reminder on my Google account anymore for Youtube notifications? It just made things a lot easier; now I only get Google Plus notifications. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So why don't I get a reminder on my Google account anymore for Youtube notifications? It just made things a lot easier; now I only get Google Plus notifications. :smirk:
You're just now experiencing that? That's been happening to me for nearly a year now.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Well it's been happening to me for around 2 months, but I'm still not used to it.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So earlier this morning I got a notification basically saying that Youtube is going to start sending me emails with "tips to grow my channel". I can't figure out if this is a good thing or not. :search: :confused: