The "You know what?" thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I personally like pizza better when it's cold. And I love hot drinks - my favorite being hot tea, or even better, some good ol' apple cider. It really reminds me of the winter and Christmas.
Hot pizza and cold beer- perfect.
Cold pizza- okay
Warm beer- heave!!!!

Actually on the subject of hot drinks- don't laugh- hot jello!

If you make jello, you boil a cup of water, add the powder, let it dissolve, add another cup of water, stir real good.
Pour into a cup, and bottoms up. Next time you have a sore throat, the jello will coat and soothe your throat like nothing else. Works on headaches and stomach aches too.

Don't knock it til you try it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
oh god I dont even want to think about what that would do to my gag reflex

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't comment on hot Jell-O, however, I like my Jell-O . . . well, not completely firm, y'know? Like, you know how the directions on the box say let it chill for at least four hours to let it get good and firm? Well, I'll let it chill for, say three hours instead, because I find the firmer Jell-O, the more it loses its flavor . . . plus, I don't care for the texture of really firm Jell-O, I like a little softness to it.

Now, how do you guys feel about eggs? For me, I have very specific preferences when it comes to eggs, and how you cook them . . . basically, I don't like my eggs cooked too long in any style:

- Scrambled: I like them soft, fluffy, and light yellow. This is why I can never eat breakfast sandwiches, because the egg is always cooked so hard, it's like eating a sponge.
- Fried/sunny-side up/poached: Likewise, I like them over easy . . . if I see of those brown whiskers around the edges of them, I won't touch 'em. This is why I never can order eggs in a restaurant, because they always over cook them.
- Boiled: I'm a little more flexible with boiled eggs. Generally, I also prefer them with nice, gooey, runny yolk in the middle, but it's extremely difficult to boil eggs just right that you can peel them without the egg itself squishing. So, I can certainly do eggs that have been boiled a little longer than say four or five minutes, but not really hard boiled like ten or twenty - then they're like eating little rubber bouncy balls.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
im the complete opposite. I need my eggs cooked so that everything is completely solid. if the egg is even a little bit runny i can't eat it. but I also really hate egg yolks so...

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
im the complete opposite. I need my eggs cooked so that everything is completely solid. if the egg is even a little bit runny i can't eat it. but I also really hate egg yolks so...
Ooh, me too. Yolks are actually the most healthy part of the egg, but to me... it's so gross. If it's undercooked it's just runny and disgusting, but if it's cooked it is so, so dry. The only way that I will eat the yolk is when I pair it with the egg white; then it tastes okay at best.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I hate cooking eggs.

Fried, sure, no problem. Scrambled? Can never get them cooked properly.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Scrambled eggs are very easy to overcook. The last minute they really need to be watched.

Nothing worse than hard boiled eggs that smell like sulfur.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So . . . how do you guys like your steaks?

Just show 'em the fire - I like mine rare . . . they gotta scream when you cut into them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, potatoes. Ever had the loaded mashed potatoes at Texas Roadhouse? Good stuff.