Dr. Seuss Discussion Thread

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Let's not forget that the Jim Henson Company produced the show The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss! in the 90's. I personally haven't seen it, but I've heard it's pretty good.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
It is pretty good, however, it would've been nice if other characters were in the series like The Sneetches, Gertrude McFuzz, etc. I remember watching that a lot when it was on Nick and Nick Jr.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
There’s currently The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That which is on PBS Kids.

Schfifty

Reaction score
You can't forget the Beginner Book Videos that came out in about 1989 or so. You know, the ones where the illustrations were animated and had three stories per video? Jim Thurman did voices for those among other people.

I used to watch the video with Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat all the time, especially cause the theme was so bright and earworm-y.

Any Del

Reaction score
Same. I loved the music from Green Eggs and Ham and Ten Apples on my Head.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You can't forget the Beginner Book Videos that came out in about 1989 or so. You know, the ones where the illustrations were animated and had three stories per video? Jim Thurman did voices for those among other people.

I used to watch the video with Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat all the time, especially cause the theme was so bright and earworm-y.
Can I just say how old this makes me feel?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I enjoyed the books, but I think I liked the TV cartoons better. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" was the first one I saw, but I think my favorite is "The Cat in the Hat," starring Alan Sherman as the voice of the Cat (I LOVE Alan Sherman!)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Everyone loves and praises How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Yet Halloween is Grinch Night is forever shoved aside.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
In recent years, Grinch Night, Pontoffel Pock and some of the other late 70s/early 80s Seuss specials have gotten more of a following, mainly due to The Nostalgia Critic and memes. It's always assuring seeing the 'You put your glasses back on and face the facts!' meme on Tumblr every now and then.

I always thought it was clever how Seuss called his race of people 'whos', and them calling their outhouses 'euphemisms'. He gets right to the point, without using such obvious words.

But more underrated than any of those is Seuss' live action feature from the 50s, 'The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T,' featuring Hans Conried in the title role. He was made for hammy villains! In spite of its flop at the box office, he has said that it was his favorite role to play, and it shows.