What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I AM BIG BIRD made me think . . . did Caroll and Debbie ever get to meet Paul McCartney?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Another thing that goes along with I AM BIG BIRD - what would the world be like if Big Bird, and more importantly, Carroll Spinney blew up in Challenger incident. Like, that would be awful. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Frank Oz has expressed his disapproval on Twitter that Miss Piggy is being used to endorse watches, since he says it goes against the purity of the integrity of the character, so it's gotten me to wonder if he feels the same way about Cookie Monster being used to endorse iPhone a few years ago, or how the SS Muppets are currently endorsing cars.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
it's gotten me to wonder if he feels the same way about Cookie Monster being used to endorse iPhone a few years ago, or how the SS Muppets are currently endorsing cars.
I have sort of conflicting feelings about that, because on one hand Jim never wanted the Sesame Muppets to sell out, but on the other hand those car advertisements feel a lot more like Sesame Street than the actual show does at this point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And it's not like Jim or the Muppets completely stopped commercialization since SS . . . I mean, there's that American Express credit card commercial with Jim and the Muppets in the 70s, not to mention those Poloroid camera commercials in the 80s.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest,

I feel like the older he gets... The saltier Frank becomes. :smirk: