Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A swamp? My mom never even would let me swim in a lake whenever we'd go camping as a kid: she said there's all kinds of bacteria and whatnot in the water and I'd probably get sick. Seemed silly at the time, until years and years and year later when you hear about people dying from brain-eating amoebas that were living in lakes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Swimming in a swamp...with or without gators?
Maybe fine for Kermit, but I think humans would prefer something with a little more chlorine.
Just for the record, sometimes there's such as thing as too much chlorine in swimming pools . . . that's how I actually lost much of my body hair once years ago.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh sure, it's a matter of maintaining the right pH level.
Hotel pools tend to. Public swimming pools, that's harder.
Especially on the hottest day of the year and a hundred people jump in to cool off. For the maintenance guy, it's quite a job.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dinosaurs are a rather popular species, but is it just me, or did dinosaurs get a sudden popularity surge with kids in the early 1990s, with Dinosaurs, Barney, and Jurassic Park, among other things that might have factored in a dinosaur popularity renaissance? I'd say that The Land Before Time might have helped boost a dinosaur popularity, but I'd be willing to say that the popularity of dinosaurs is more likely to have spawned the many sequels. After all, there was about a six-year gap between the first and second, I vaguely knew about LBT until around the time the first sequel came out (I didn't really know what it was called until 1994, and when I first heard about the show Dinosaurs, I thought they were talking about LBT, I guess I might have thought that was a series (back then) instead of if not in addition to a movie).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dinosaurs are a rather popular species, but is it just me, or did dinosaurs get a sudden popularity surge with kids in the early 1990s, with Dinosaurs, Barney, and Jurassic Park, among other things that might have factored in a dinosaur popularity renaissance? I'd say that The Land Before Time might have helped boost a dinosaur popularity, but I'd be willing to say that the popularity of dinosaurs is more likely to have spawned the many sequels. After all, there was about a six-year gap between the first and second, I vaguely knew about LBT until around the time the first sequel came out (I didn't really know what it was called until 1994, and when I first heard about the show Dinosaurs, I thought they were talking about LBT, I guess I might have thought that was a series (back then) instead of if not in addition to a movie).
Though I'd say Disney's DulloDinosaur may have put an end to that craze, and watching the film it's easy to see why. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@D'Snowth, another question on all things M*A*S*H-

Ever notice how good everybody's eyesight must be in the episode with Mr. Shin? (the ever-versatile Keye Luke)

How did they manage to engrave
"Over hill, over dale, our love will (n)ever fail" insjde a ring?
The inscription must be tiny.
Inside my wedding ring is just my initials, and they take up a lot of space.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, that episode isn't a favorite of mine, so I tend to skip it often.

But I do like the little brick joke at the end of the episode where Hawkeye and B.J. discover the new vascular clamp had been engraved, "Over hill, over dale, Korean clamp will never fail." "That's where he put the 'N'!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Since I brought up (mistakenly) on the Am I the only One thread on silly cartoons I once thought of....

Tell me. What are some silly thoughts you decided to draw out? Were they ever finished? Ever drawn out?