The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what's pretty annoying?

When you have some kind of creative idea, but don't have the tools to come up with it yet. But when you got them, you realize someone else had the same idea as you and did it and then you're just like

:grr:
Yes, that happens to me a lot.

Like so many years ago, I had an entire movie come to me in a dream, and then a few years later, that movie THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU came out, and it was pretty similar to the movie I saw in my dream in terms of a supernatural agency controling individual people's fate and destiny. Only, in my version, the supernatural agency was composed of sprite-like creatures that would have been puppets (not cutesy puppets, more like Creature Shop-like puppets) who are dispatched out to individual people to help them get their lives back on track when they feel as though life has become too much for them to handle. I remember the lead was Brendan Frazer (back when he was a thing), and the two sprites dispatched to him were rookies who didn't get along, because one was rulesy and by-the-book, and the other prefered to go by instinct and intuition, and the two clowns kinda just make matters worse for Brendan's life.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh wow.... That sounds pretty creepy.

But yeah, this is why when something pops in mind and I know it's something I can do, I try to get it done asap before it's too late.

Like, someone could have easily done my idea of the Mst3k/Twice Upon a Time mashup, or my Mst3k/Naruto mashup (interestingly enough though, the"abridged" series from Team Four Star actually used the "Master Ninja Theme song" song from 322 - Master Ninja I for the intro; it gets annoying though when those stupid weaboos think "Omg, that's such a great original song from TFS!" When they don't know where it actually came from). I can literally say this is me when I see comments like that.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So . . . how do you guys like your steaks?

Just show 'em the fire - I like mine rare . . . they gotta scream when you cut into them.
Medium well with a good sear on the outside. To make it more tender, when you throw it on the grill, let a couple pats of butter melt down.
No matter how you like it done, you only need to flip it once.
And never never NEVER take a spatula (or tongs) and press down.
That squeezes all the juice out and nothing worse than a tough dry steak.

Porterhouse is my favorite. Has the big T-bone. And in the middle is where filet mignon comes from.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm partial to a good sirloin myself. My folks love ribeyes, but they're too fatty and chewy for my taste.

cjd874

Reaction score
Not to divert the conversation but for some reason, all this talk of steaks reminds me of those savage Gordon Ramsay memes where he criticizes food:
"This beef is so RAW...that I can still hear it mooing!"
"This fish is so RAW...that it's still trying to find Nemo!"
"Why did the chicken cross the road? Because you didn't ******* cook it right!"

It's so entertaining to see Gordon flipping out on the adult contestants on MasterChef and Hells Kitchen, but on MC Jr he shows his softer side without lowering his standards. Anyone else noticed this?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I mean, they're kids. They're learning, and it would be horrible for Ramsay to just lose his cool with them. The other shows are adults who should know what they're doing.