The "You know what?" thread

cjd874

Reaction score
Well, I mean, they're kids. They're learning, and it would be horrible for Ramsay to just lose his cool with them. The other shows are adults who should know what they're doing.
Totally agree. And that's what I love about Gordon Ramsay. He knows his contestants (young or old) so well that he knows exactly how to talk to them in any situation, whether they do well or royally screw things up. Plus with the PC culture we live in, Ramsay would get sued or his shows would get dropped from the network if he cursed out a kid.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont understand why everyone thinks Ramsay would be mean to people for the fun of it. He's not. He's actually a very nice and understanding guy. Even if you watch kitchen nightmares, he shows a lot of compassion. Where he doesnt show compassion is when he's dealing with adults who are full of themselves and not willing to admit they're wrong.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I dont understand why everyone thinks Ramsay would be mean to people for the fun of it. He's not. He's actually a very nice and understanding guy. Even if you watch kitchen nightmares, he shows a lot of compassion. Where he doesnt show compassion is when he's dealing with adults who are full of themselves and not willing to admit they're wrong.
Exactly, I mean, the adults cooking the food are absolutely clueless and have no clue what they're doing. And it's funny how in every episode, they're like "Help us Chef Ramsay, you're our last hope :frown: " but as soon as the critisim comes out, "How could he be so cruel?! We do such a good job here!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That one probably gets stuck in my head the most, and I think it's mostly because of the refrain, "Windmill, windmill for the land, turn forever hand in hand," considering I just like windmills, lol.

But I did also sort of recently rediscover the video for "On Melancholy Hill," and there's just something so fascinating about a soothing and upbeat song set to the visuals of fighter planes, a sinking ocean liner, and silly-looking jellyfish being mutilated in the propellers of a submarine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so random follow up to Snowth's Snowth and Noodle drawing:

On my way to the dentist's today... A silly thought came in my head. Randy Newman composing the music and performing the intro... This is what you get.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSVxHipBdZme9JqlBjvCD9E6nlvChtnj/view?usp=drivesdk

I think I've been watching too much Nostalgia Critic. :stick_out_tongue:
So Snowth and Noodle are from the town of Moodle, and they have a tiny poodle . . . would I be correct in assuming that poodle's name is Schmoodle? And I bet they just love Schmoodle oodles-n-oodles! And I guess there's an evil villain known as Zoodle, who's always breaking into banks to rob large sums of boodle!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After seeing this clip of Jim Jordan on CHICO AND THE MAN, I suddenly have my own head canon regarding Albatross Air in THE RESCUERS and THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER. . . .

Assuming Albatross Air has higher-ups, I'm thinking that Orville's age was becoming a safety concern not just for the passengers, but for himself (we see in THE RESCUERS Orville isn't in the best of shape) and was probably pressured into retiring (against his volition) and placing his slacker younger brother Wilbur in charge of their hangar instead.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay, so, I wasn't sure exactly where to put this but, does it bother anyone else that whenever someone does a medley of Sesame Street songs they always do the same five over and over (the theme, C is For Cookie, I Love Trash, People in Your Neighborhood, Rubber Duckie). And when someone does an individual cover it's almost always I Don't Want To Live On The Moon. I mean, I know those are the most famous, but it's not original anymore, and the show has much better songs than those that are just waiting to be covered.