The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue: glad you liked it! I just wanted it to sound as silly as possible like everytime mainstream media makes fun of Randy.

So Snowth and Noodle are from the town of Moodle, and they have a tiny poodle . . . would I be correct in assuming that poodle's name is Schmoodle? And I bet they just love Schmoodle oodles-n-oodles! And I guess there's an evil villain known as Zoodle, who's always breaking into banks to rob large sums of boodle!
But of course! And it's a real doodle!

I was listening to Feel Good Inc. yesterday and you know what? I thought of @D'Snowth and @LittleJerry92.
Great song! The windmill verse is the best part. I love the music video and when it shows Noodle playing her guitar on the edge of the cliff. Gives suspense.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, so, I wasn't sure exactly where to put this but, does it bother anyone else that whenever someone does a medley of Sesame Street songs they always do the same five over and over (the theme, C is For Cookie, I Love Trash, People in Your Neighborhood, Rubber Duckie). And when someone does an individual cover it's almost always I Don't Want To Live On The Moon. I mean, I know those are the most famous, but it's not original anymore, and the show has much better songs than those that are just waiting to be covered.
You mean like fan song covers or when they have guests over?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue: glad you liked it! I just wanted it to sound as silly as possible like everytime mainstream media makes fun of Randy.

But of course! And it's a real doodle!

Great song! The windmill verse is the best part. I love the music video and when it shows Noodle playing her guitar on the edge of the cliff. Gives suspense.
It is a great song as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My concern for this supposed TV series is that the production values won't be as impressive as the music videos are, the way they combine 3D and 2D (no pun intended) animation so effortlessly . . . but animated series are usually almost sausage factory work with small, meager budgets, and we may end up with something like this:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My concern for this supposed TV series is that the production values won't be as impressive as the music videos are, the way they combine 3D and 2D (no pun intended) animation so effortlessly . . . but animated series are usually almost sausage factory work with small, meager budgets, and we may end up with something like this:
Well, I can almost garantee that it won't be nearly as fluent and beautiful as the music videos, but most major animation looks pretty good nowadays. Heck, even flash is looking a lot smoother and less cheap.

cjd874

Reaction score
Okay, so, I wasn't sure exactly where to put this but, does it bother anyone else that whenever someone does a medley of Sesame Street songs they always do the same five over and over (the theme, C is For Cookie, I Love Trash, People in Your Neighborhood, Rubber Duckie). And when someone does an individual cover it's almost always I Don't Want To Live On The Moon. I mean, I know those are the most famous, but it's not original anymore, and the show has much better songs than those that are just waiting to be covered.
Pentatonix did a great medley of SS tunes where they included some rarer songs like "Just One Me," "Four, and "Five People in My Family." They even used the Pinball Number Count theme as an instrumental interlude of sorts.

However, I agree that those five songs you mentioned are getting a bit worn out. I'm waiting for the day when someone covers "Telephone Rock" or "Rebel L." Or even better, "Mary Had a Bicycle." :smile: :sing:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Pentatonix did a great medley of SS tunes where they included some rarer songs like "Just One Me," "Four, and "Five People in My Family." They even used the Pinball Number Count theme as an instrumental interlude of sorts.

However, I agree that those five songs you mentioned are getting a bit worn out. I'm waiting for the day when someone covers "Telephone Rock" or "Rebel L." Or even better, "Mary Had a Bicycle." :smile: :sing:
Ooh, someone could do an "Evolution of Sesame Street" medley for their 50th, like they did with Michael Jackson and Beyonce.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesame Street had a numbers song medley with Pantatonix, maybe there should be a letters song medley with some music grouc (maybe even Pentatonix again). Maybe include ABC-DEF-GHI, J Friends, La La La (or The National Association of W Lovers), D Duah Duah (or Disco D), and I in the Sky (and maybe C is for Cookie if they feel they have to...).

Ooh, someone could do an "Evolution of Sesame Street" medley for their 50th, like they did with Michael Jackson and Beyonce.
Seeing this, it would be cool for the 50th anniversary to bring us an "Evolution of Sesame Street" DVD. I often think about ideas for Sesame Street DVDs, especially for the anniversaries, but now I'm thinking for the 50th anniversary, maybe have the selected clips be stuff that are more-or-less period pieces. Stuff that people can tell are from the eras they're from. Not timeless-enough Muppet or animation segments that were repeated for decades, but stuff where characters look a way they wouldn't for long, characters dressed in styles that weren't popular for too long, parodies of things people have forgotten about, appearances by celebrities who were near their fifteenth minute of fame, disco tunes, characters who were only active for a season or two... Though some of those things mentioned were repeated for years after they were dated. Then again, a better title for something like that (better than "Evolution of Sesame Street") would be "Sesame Street Keeping with the Times". And it might be hard to include current stuff as you never know what will be dated in a few years.

It would be cool if there was an official "Evolution of..." release for a single song that's been remade/reperformed many times. Like "Evolution of Rubber Duckie", "Evolution of Sing", "Evolution of The People in Your Neighborhood", etc. (and maybe "evolution" is the wrong word here). It'd make a cool audio release (though it might work better as a digital release), or a video release (though maybe a Warner Archive release would be better for this), or a special bonus feature on a DVD (could be a good trend for bonuses on DVDs released during the 50th anniversary year), or maybe just make it one of those clip "collections" that Sesame Workshop puts on its YouTube channel. An "Evolution of..." thing for the characters would also be cool.