Why are Flickr images not showing up?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So whenever I try to post an image I upload to my Flickr account, for some reason the image doesn't show up, and instead, it says:
IMG

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips for this? I keep trying different ways to copy the image link, but to no avail. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
can you post the url without the img brackets?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
can you post the url without the img brackets?
Yes, I can, but I just can't embed the image in the post, which is what I'm wanting to do.

If there's no solution, then I'll just post the image link. That'll be fine.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
well the thing is i've never used flickr but if i actually see the url i might be able to figure out the problem

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
if that is the exact link you are trying to use, then thats not an image link, so it wont work. an image link has to end with .png, .jpg, .gif, ect

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
if that is the exact link you are trying to use, then thats not an image link, so it wont work. an image link has to end with .png, .jpg, .gif, ect
Sorry, I thought you meant the link to the picture. When I hit the image button on here I pasted the "embed link".

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
does the embed link that flikr is giving you have the img tags already there? because if so thats probably why its messing up, because all the image button does on the forum is put the img tags around the url

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
does the embed link that flikr is giving you have the img tags already there? because if so thats probably why its messing up, because all the image button does on the forum is put the img tags around the url
Oh, that might be it.

kermit complainers[/url] by acompanyof.fools, on Flickr[/IMG]

EDIT: ^^^^^ It didn't work.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
ok. i finally figured out how to look at the embed code. here's your problem. thats a disgustingly badly formatted embed code that uses a feature that doesnt work on these forums (putting a link on the image)

anyway. I copy and pasted it and then highlighted the ONLY part of the embed code that you need. everything else is pointless

if you dont want to have to delete the extra code every time, I would use a different image host. flickr seems needlessly complicated and it also looks more like a photography website and shouldnt be used as an image host anyway