Now what's going on with YouTube?

Aliceo

Reaction score
Pretty much the only popular videos that I even remotely like is those life hack videos, some of which are pretty cool. But yeah I really have no clue why people care about some guy/gal ranting on about his/her life.
It's pretty simple. Lots of people like to snoop around other people's lives. And when you broadcast your life like that, it's a sure bet there's an audience for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just now realized that because of this stupid new design, there's now no way of accessing our subscriptions at all. You just have to be lucky if any of the channels you're subscribed to just happen to appear the homepage when you're logged in, otherwise, it's strictly recommended videos.

I cannot begin to describe how stupid and pointless this is.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I pretty much just get notifications on my phone if something is uploaded.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm on a computer. :stick_out_tongue:

But really, the only time I get notifications is whenever someone replies to a comment . . . and now, for whatever reason, I get notifications when someone likes my comments, or when someone subscribes to my channels.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've gotten notifications on when someone likes my comment as well.

It's helpful, but I miss when it mentions who actually liked them.

By the way, random note.....

Remember the old days of YouTube when an account was banned, it would just say "This account is suspended, this account is suspended, this account is suspended, this account is suspended, this account is suspended" blah blah. I like how they changed that in 2010 with at least on reasons why.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When did it ever mentioned who actually liked them? I never once ever received a notification like that.

Maybe I'm remembering wrongly, but I remember it the other way around: they used to give a reason why like, but now it just says, "no longer available, sorry about that."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'd get notifications saying "so and so liked your comment" which stopped in 2015 I think.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I never got notifications like that.

I do, however, remember when YouTube offered public statistics on videos, and you could see how many times your videos had been favorited - I remember how I used to think how I wish YouTube would show you who favorites your videos, much like how DeviantArt notifies you on who favorites your deviations - I feel like that would offer better insight into who out there, exactly, evidently likes your videos enough, and maybe help inspire ways to better cater to your community.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I just now realized that because of this stupid new design, there's now no way of accessing our subscriptions at all. You just have to be lucky if any of the channels you're subscribed to just happen to appear the homepage when you're logged in, otherwise, it's strictly recommended videos.

I cannot begin to describe how stupid and pointless this is.
Actually, D'Snowth, there is a way to access your subscriptions, at least on my computer. So when you go to the Youtube homepage, there should be in the top left corner an icon with three horizontal lines. Click on that, and there should be a subscriptions button. If this doesn't work then... :confused: