Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Rtec1

Reaction score
Maybe if they weren’t so half arsed about getting each series out there would of been more interest I’m guessing???
Way too long a wait between waves which I’m positive wouldve had an impact. I got so bored of waiting I’d given up hope. Let down by Diamond Select to be honest, if I new we weren’t going to get all four waves as promised, and even worse that we can’t complete the Electric Mayhem I wouldn’t have bothered from the start and would’ve kept my Palisades!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hey Hey, The Swedish Chef at least will be made, around the fourth quarter. I just got a pre order through BDTS.

DSTZach

Reaction score
Hey, everyone, yes, we are offering Chef as a single Select figure to try to roll these out one at a time. If orders are strong for Chef, I imagine we will move forward with another Muppet after that. So I encourage everyone to pre-order.

Currently, it appears only BBTS has the listing up, but more retailers should follow (hopefully!). I'll probably get it up on our web store (diamondselecttoys.com) once everything is in order, we are very interested in getting this series out.

Hopefully everyone thinks getting Series 4 is worth the investment of a $25 pre-order for each figure, even if this is the last series. (Although who knows, if each figure is a success, anything is possible. We have a couple of lines where we rolll out one figure at a time that have been going for years.)

DSTZach

Reaction score
Yeah agreed. Heaven forbid we criticize something or ask for quality in something we are paying for. It would be nice if Diamond Select would concentrate on quality rather than being thin-skinned and defensive. For the most part the action figures are really nice but they do have a few small things here and there.
I'm sorry if I came across as thin-skinned and defensive at any point, I'm not sure what this is in reference to, but it was certainly not my intention. Aside from a couple of engineering missteps like the drums, I think the quality on these figures is quite high.

DSTZach

Reaction score
You would think that there wouldn't be a distribution problem, in that DST/Previews are distributers themselves to Comic Book outlets and Majors. They lost TRU and now it appears that they don't have enough interest from Minors, like Comic Book outlets.
That is exactly the problem, Diamond Previews can distribute, but they did not gather enough orders for the CASE ASSORTMENT (6 figures), and without Toys"R"US, the numbers were too low to realistically produce. $150 is a big investment, even at wholesale prices, so we are trying it with a single figure, which stores can order any number of. You can even order it through your local comic shop to (most likely) save on shipping. Find a store at comicshoplocator.com