The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I still have my old Sharp fat TV for older game consoles and VHS tapes.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Remember when TV's and computers were fat and people were flat?
I just remembered this book I read in elementary school called "Flat Stanley". It was about a boy who was literally flat like a piece of paper.

And also, when I was little, we used to have this huge old box TV that was probably from the 80's. We ended up getting a flat screen TV in like 2009 or so that we've had ever since.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I have alot of memories watching TV, movies and playing BLADES OF STEEL on a very old TV that.... We no longer have. :frown: I miss it alot.

On subject - Dr. Carson got killed off The Walking Dead tonight. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I still have my old Sharp fat TV for older game consoles and VHS tapes.
You're not alone, there's a number of gamers out there who prefer those older, boxier TV sets for old console games.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I find it just makes the quality look better and less pixely.

I played my ps2 on a flat and it just looked kinda gritty.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Just hearing that Toys 'R Us is pretty much ****** at this point. :smirk:

Really sad to hear that. I remember getting some Animaniacs stuffed dolls there as well as some ERTL Thomas toys.
I'm sorry that they're closing down stores too. Back in 2000, Toys R Us was a very good company to work for. Good pay, excellent benefits, plus I got a ton of free stuff over the years. Nice collection of Geoffrey promo stuff.
But like with so many other brick and mortar locations, Amazon is killing so many. Not just Toys R Us, but mom and pop businesses are feeling the squeeze too.
I spent five years with TRU, from 1999-early 2005. The company was good to me. It's a shame it's on the rocks now.

Any Del

Reaction score
Is there a reason Toys R Us is closing down?