Disney Muppet Babies Season 1 Episode 1 - Sir Kermit the Brave / Animal Fly Airplane

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today's the day! Disney's new "Muppet Babies" series premieres on Disney Channel at 10 am eastern, 9 am central with two all-new episodes.

The show features pre-school classic Muppet characters Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo and Animal. Disney Muppet Babies also introduces Summer, a young female Muppet penguin.

Expected guest appearances include Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Rizzo the Rat and Statler and Waldorf.

Be sure to tune-in and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated premiere!

Check out more clips and preview on-line:
http://disneyjunior.disney.com/muppet-babies

If you've seen Disney's reboot of "Muppet Babies", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 1 - Sir Kermit the Brave; Animal Fly Airplane
Disney Channel Premiere: Friday March 23, 2018

The Muppet Babies use their imaginations to take off on an epic adventure to find Miss Nanny, and Kermit helps a dragon get over her fear of the dark; no one lets Animal take the controls on an imaginary flight to Paris.

If you've seen "Sir Kermit the Brave; Animal Fly Airplane", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I saw a bit of Animal Fly Airplane and it was an interesting revive take on :halo: character on the show.

Also Easter Egg abound for sharp eye Muppet fans.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So far, this show has been good. It definitely captures most of the spirit of the original, including the wit, while doing some things of its own. The first episode is reminiscent of Beaker conquering his fear of the dark, except with Kermit, and doing much of its own thing quite well. Also loved the Indiana Jones rolling ball clip, which incorporated the babies quite seamlessly. So glad to see that important element hasn't been forgotten.

Summer as a character has endeared me, balancing out Piggy's girliness like Skeeter but as more of an artistic and adventurous type, avoiding being an expy. And another thing that's interesting is that Camilla is a sentient being in Gonzo's imagination, unlike the original. And Fozzie's jokes seem to be enjoyed by others this time. Guess they weren't allowed to be too cruel to him or something.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Miss Nanny's got some hot legs here? Her new stockings which change depending on the episode are really working well on her. :big_grin:

mr3urious

Reaction score
And another thing: the theme song is pretty cool, using all original footage of the Babies running around the backyard (which is kinda venturing outside the nursery like I hoped) with a nice remix by Renée Elise Goldsberry. Looks very dynamic compared to the original.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So far, this show has been good. It definitely captures most of the spirit of the original, including the wit, while doing some things of its own. The first episode is reminiscent of Beaker conquering his fear of the dark, except with Kermit, and doing much of its own thing quite well. Also loved the Indiana Jones rolling ball clip, which incorporated the babies quite seamlessly. So glad to see that important element hasn't been forgotten.

Summer as a character has endeared me, balancing out Piggy's girliness like Skeeter but as more of an artistic and adventurous type, avoiding being an expy. And another thing that's interesting is that Camilla is a sentient being in Gonzo's imagination, unlike the original. And Fozzie's jokes seem to be enjoyed by others this time. Guess they weren't allowed to be too cruel to him or something.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Miss Nanny's got some hot legs here? Her new stockings which change depending on the episode are really working well on her. :big_grin:
So it appears that the show is still using old video clips just like the original show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So far, so good. I have to say that one thing I really like about this version of MB being CGI is that the characters have texture that make them really look like Muppet Babies - I feel like Jim would be thrilled with this.

This new version is charming in its own right, and even though it's hard to say with just two episodes so far, I think everybody will really enjoy it from age-old Muppet fans, to preschoolers the show is aimed at. The cast may be downsized from the original, but in today's preschool market, it's kind of a necessity. Each of the characters bring their own thing to the show, and their interactions with each other are nicely done. Much like the original, this version visualizes their imagination and fantasies, making the stories more appealing and engaging; and of course, there's also the lesson we learn.

"Sir Kermit the Brave" is, so far, perhaps the most MB-flavored episode we've seen yet. The Babies' adventure of traveling down a dark and spooky cave to reach a dragon's castle while Kermit is afraid of the dark was a really good opening episode, and having Kermit encounter the dragon who's also afraid of the dark is a nice way of tackling the subject of fear. The brief Indiana Jones reference very much captures the irreverent fun of the original series as well.

"Animal Fly Airplane" was also good, but I must admit, it was totally predictable: I had it all figured out that Animal would turn out to be an excellent airplane pilot, and that the others would learn the lesson that Animal isn't always wild at everything he does. Nevertheless, it was still good, and I really enjoyed Fozzie and Summer taking turns in the cockpit, between Fozzie telling jokes to the control officer, and Summer swaying the plane to the music she was listening to.

So far, this show has been good. It definitely captures most of the spirit of the original, including the wit, while doing some things of its own.
That's pretty much my feeling as well.
Summer as a character has endeared me, balancing out Piggy's girliness like Skeeter but as more of an artistic and adventurous type, avoiding being an expy.
Something else I can agree with; she's a wonderful addition to the cast of character.
And another thing that's interesting is that Camilla is a sentient being in Gonzo's imagination, unlike the original.
Uhh, not quite . . . you'll see in "Fly South." :wink:
Speaking as the resident leg man of MC, I approve this message. :wink:

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Animal Fly Airplane" was also good, but I must admit, it was totally predictable: I had it all figured out that Animal would turn out to be an excellent airplane pilot, and that the others would learn the lesson that Animal isn't always wild at everything he does. Nevertheless, it was still good, and I really enjoyed Fozzie and Summer taking turns in the cockpit, between Fozzie telling jokes to the control officer, and Summer swaying the plane to the music she was listening to.
I felt it was a nice touch that Animal felt awful that his friends didn't trust him, and that he can be more than just the wild card. It added a nice bit of depth to his character.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I saw a bit of Animal Fly Airplane and it was an interesting revive take on :halo: character on the show.

Also Easter Egg abound for sharp eye Muppet fans.
On the wall in "Animal Fly Airplane", Mahna Mahna and the Snowths are featured on a poster.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I have to say, I really do like this series so far. There's no talking to the audience like I'd thought there'd be, the humor is very good, I liked Kermit getting dizzy. Overall, I think fans of the original Muppet Babies will be happy.