Challenges, Triumphs and Pixie Dust!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Eh I will admit, I was disappointed when I thought I’d never get to have one of our famous discussions here again, hehe.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's why I listed my values. What are some of y'all's?
I’ve learned how to stand by my decisions more than I used to, and as to have patience that things will unfold as they should. Like, I’ve been perusing acting as a hobby (I have a professional job that’s more Communications related). And I’ve done well for myself actually building up my resume. But it’s a hazard of acting that you don’t often know when your next gig is coming from, and that can send you into a bit of a panic (of course it’s even harder on professional actors who rely on it for a living). Anyway, the point is for awhile I was so overtaken by that fear that I ended up begging for attention from people I hadn’t even enjoy working with all that much. A couple who had been downright a**holes even. I had convinced myself that it was strong to try and “suck up it” and live with it. But I see now that was nonsense. It’s stronger to hold out for projects I know I will enjoy, and people I know I can trust. So I decided to stop begging and go through other outlets (such as Backstage for instance). It took a lot of patience but eventually I managed to land an audition and get in a comedy sketch show that turned out amazing! And not long after that, a friend recommended me for a play that we’re rehearsing now (networking is also a valuable skill, hehe). So yeah, I’m glad I had a change of heart in that regard. It’s too easy to give into worry and let it distort your thinking.