The Muppets 2015: What went wrong?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
NBC has done some really great things with the Muppets, and also some not so great.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I only saw like one episode on YouTube when I was 13 and.... Thought it was just okay.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I watched the whole Muppets Tonight series - and for me, it just didn't work. First of all, Kermit should've hosted. I know, I know it was Jim's "plan" for Clifford to host the next Muppet show all along blah blah blah. Here's the thing: if we got more Clifford in other productions, if he was one of the main characters in one of the movies or something, it might've worked. But other than the die-hard Muppet fans, no one cared about Clifford. He wasn't recognizable.

Second, there should have been more classic characters. 60% of the regular cast was brand new. I feel like they should've introduced new characters over time rather than throwing every new character they had come up within the first episode. That's where I think the Muppets 2015 succeeded, not creating lots of new characters and sticking (mainly) with the familiar ones.

But hey, I still like it better than the Jim Henson Hour. :smirk: