Hanna-Barbera

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
According to him, it felt too "Disney-fied" with the musical numbers and whatnot.
Picky, picky, picky. I, for one, loved the musical numbers. I can't stand spiders, yet I love "Charlotte's Web." Probably because she doesn't actually look like a realistic spider (thank goodness).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Why is it everyone thinks movies are trying to copy Disney everytime there's singing? :rolleyes:

Erine81981

Reaction score
According to him, it felt too "Disney-fied" with the musical numbers and whatnot.
When I saw what your wrote on what he didn't like it. I figured it had to be the songs. Everyone who ever gets animated movies based on books they wrote about them. They seem not to like them. Yet if they talked to the people or company that was making the movie wouldn't they have to say "Go Right Ahead?" Did Hanna Barbera have to ask quite a few times to get the ok to make this book into an animated movie? Cause Walt had to ask Travers about being able to make Mary Poppins lots and lots of times and backed down lots too. She didn't like how the movie was portrayed either yet it still went on to get awards and one of the coolest Disney movies during that time. I'm not saying its THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD" yet it still did great in the theaters. So did Charlotte's Web but that's just me. I understand when it comes to something you have created yourself for it to be made into something else. I could see him not really liking it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

So, apparently, Hanna-Barbera once gave Gary Coleman his own animated show in which he plays a kid angel sent to earth to battle Gargamel as a pedophilic magician dressed like Snidely Whiplash, and there's no trace of Willis in sight.

Erine81981

Reaction score

So, apparently, Hanna-Barbera once gave Gary Coleman his own animated show in which he plays a kid angel sent to earth to battle Gargamel as a pedophilic magician dressed like Snidely Whiplash, and there's no trace of Willis in sight.
I watched it when it aired on Cartoon Network. I didn't mind it but it wasn't all that great. I wanted to recorded it for my collection at the time to have every Hanna Barbera shows ever made but I never did.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad and I were talking about this a few weeks ago and even he remembers watching some of the shows when he was a little boy.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Hahaha, what the heck? Nah, if I were Willis I would've gotten as far away from this show as possible too, lol.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Tom and Jerry are from Hannah- Barbera right?
Yep, Tom & Jerry were created by William Hanna & Joseph Barbera in 1940, and they directed virtually all of the original cartoons produced by MGM and Fred Quimby, with H-B taking over production in 1955 to 1958, and 1975's The New Tom & Jerry Show on Saturday mornings, where they were on friendlier terms...