Will we get a Sesame Street TV Special to honor the 50th anniversary in 2019?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
If I were PBS, I would do what they did for Mister Rogers: A week or two of classic episodes during the normal timeslot of the show or pre-empting another show or two on the block (like how sometimes PBS will pre-empt other shows to play hour long specials of their shows like The Cookie Thief, A Very Monkey Christmas and D.W. and the Beastly Birthday), paired with newer Sesame episodes. I'd love to see the seasons I did not grow up with air on there! Or maybe they can put the older episodes on their website. HBO could also do the same thing with the older episodes for the 50th, and maybe they could also add more of Sesame Workshop's shows like Dragon Tales, the 70's episodes of The Electric Company, Big Bag and Sagwa, The Chinese Siamese Cat as well to showcase the shows Sesame Workshop has done in their 50-year lifetime (coincidentally, Dragon Tales turns 20 the same year Sesame Street turns 50).

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If I were PBS, I would do what they did for Mister Rogers: A week or two of classic episodes during the normal timeslot of the show or pre-empting another show or two on the block (like how sometimes PBS will pre-empt other shows to play hour long specials of their shows like The Cookie Thief, A Very Monkey Christmas and D.W. and the Beastly Birthday), paired with newer Sesame episodes. I'd love to see the seasons I did not grow up with air on there! Or maybe they can put the older episodes on their website. HBO could also do the same thing with the older episodes for the 50th, and maybe they could also add more of Sesame Workshop's shows like Dragon Tales, the 70's episodes of The Electric Company, Big Bag and Sagwa, The Chinese Siamese Cat as well to showcase the shows Sesame Workshop has done in their 50-year lifetime (coincidentally, Dragon Tales turns 20 the same year Sesame Street turns 50).
They could do something like SesamStrasse did for it's 40th anniversary, they showed a marathon of an episode or two from each era of the show.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If we're talking about old shows...

I'd be down for seeing more yellow-eyed Snuffy.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If we're talking about old shows...

I'd be down for seeing more yellow-eyed Snuffy.
That would be cool if somehow through a time warp or something the Snuffy of today would meet the early Snuffy (most likely Matt Vogel doing Jerry's early Snuffy voice). Definitely food for thought.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
That would be cool if somehow through a time warp or something the Snuffy of today would meet the early Snuffy (most likely Matt Vogel doing Jerry's early Snuffy voice). Definitely food for thought.
Ooh, time travel on Sesame Street....

Now that would be interesting.