When you need to rant...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The 2010s has been the decade where sooooo many of my favorite pop culture characters have been turned into "monsters" thanks to the curse that is political correctness and the horrors of cringe culture. Several examples include:

-Slender-Man - He (and subsequently all creepypasta fans) were deemed "evil demonic people" after two girls sacrificed their friend to the beast and killed her.
-Spider-Man, Batman, The Joker, Green Goblin (basically every MARVEL and DC character) - Ruined by those God awful Elsagate videos.
-Brian Griffin - Caused a ridiculous controversy when he was permanently killed off and lost many fans because of it.
-Han Solo - Got killed off in the Force Awakens.
-Sonic the Hedgehog - Ruined by cringey people on Deviantart who give Autism a bad name.
-Stitch - Broke the "Ohana means family" rule when he moved on from Lilo to Yuna in the anime version.
-Elmer Fudd - Was forced to put down his gun due to Cartoon Network's standards and practices. The character who was a funny rabbit hunter is now a news reporter who sings songs about the joys of grilled cheese for some inexplicit reason.

Guess which one of my favorite characters has become controversial now? Apu from The Simpsons. I don't care what ANYBODY says, I still think Apu is hilarious. I still quote him from time to time (not in front of Indian people but still). He's a great character and all this controversy surrounding him has really been infuriating me as the huge Simpsons fan I am. Please just leave The Simpsons alone! It's not meant to be controversial, they are just having fun and not trying to offend anyone. I bet if those Apu haters saw Family Guy they would flip out lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, when it comes to fictional characters, I just ignore what "controversy" comes from them.

I mean ****. If I like the characters, that's all there is to it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Honestly, when it comes to fictional characters, I just ignore what "controversy" comes from them.

I mean ****. If I like the characters, that's all there is to it.
Me too! Apu is funny no matter what. I don't think he misrepresents Indian people either personally. The one thing I thought may have been a bit insensitive to the Indian culture on The Simpsons is when Homer referred to Apu's Ganesha statue as,
"Your silly little elephant god," but then again that is Homer's quote and he definitely has a reputation of saying the wrong things at the wrong time.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't think he misrepresents Indian people either personally
still think Apu is hilarious. I still quote him from time to time (not in front of Indian people but still).
Isn't that kind of a contradiction? If there's nothing wrong with the character then why are you afraid to quote him in front of actual Indian people?
Not trying to start a fight, i'm just sayin'. :coy:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Isn't that kind of a contradiction? If there's nothing wrong with the character then why are you afraid to quote him in front of actual Indian people?
Not trying to start a fight, i'm just sayin'. :coy:
I respect that there are people out there who don't like him. I wouldn't quote Jeff Dunham's Achmed character in front of middle Eastern people for that reason as well.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
-Sonic the Hedgehog - Ruined by cringey people on Deviantart who give Autism a bad name.
You can thank Christian Weston Chandler (aka Chris Chan, creator of Sonichu) for that.

But I don't let those weirdoes ruin it for me. I will always love Sonic, despite the bad reputation it gets and what others say about it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You can thank Christian Weston Chandler (aka Chris Chan, creator of Sonichu) for that.

But I don't let those weirdoes ruin it for me. I will always love Sonic, despite the bad reputation it gets and what others say about it.
I know who Chris chan is. I don't find his work entertaining in the slightest, just SUPER cringey and hard to watch. I do still like Sonic though despite the garbage some of his fans produce.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I know who Chris chan is. I don't find his work entertaining in the slightest, just SUPER cringey and hard to watch. I do still like Sonic though despite the garbage some of his fans produce.
And he's gone even more off the deep end ever since declaring himself as a "tomgirl" named Christine.