What ever happened to that Sesame spinoff?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
IIRC, when the HBO deal happened, in their agreement it stated that there was to be a Sesame Street spinoff made, with the goal of getting released in 2018. Whatever happened to this? Or was the spinoff the Sesame Studios YT channel?? :confused:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
IIRC, when the HBO deal happened, in their agreement it stated that there was to be a Sesame Street spinoff made, with the goal of getting released in 2018. Whatever happened to this? Or was the spinoff the Sesame Studios YT channel?? :confused:
Are you thinking of "Play With Me, Sesame?" I think that should be on HBO. I miss the show when it won PBS Kids Sprout.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Are you thinking of "Play With Me, Sesame?" I think that should be on HBO. I miss the show when it won PBS Kids Sprout.
No, Play With Me, Sesame was before the HBO deal. I'm talking about a new spinoff show that HBO included in their deal.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't know. I asked someone about it last summer and it didn't seem like a formal idea was in place yet.

With their new show coming up soon ("Esmae and Roy"), I think they're gonna concentrate on that before moving forward with a new Sesame production.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And even then, they got so danged repetitive! I think "It's Zydaco!" and "Shake Your Rattle and Roll" ended up becoming a source of psychological torment for a lot of us watching. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, at least you didn't live in the age when Sesame Street recycled sketches within the same episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's true.

However, I did live in an age where "Do De Rubber Duck" was literally a once-a-season thing, and warranted a copyright disclaimer about Kermit the Frog during the end credits.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Meh. That show was only worth watching for classic clips.
I agree. When I got Netflix, I skimmed through each episode and if there was a classic clip worth watching...the rest is history! (Note: this was back when PWMS and SS were still on Netflix before the HBO deal)

I did live in an age where "Do De Rubber Duck" was literally a once-a-season thing, and warranted a copyright disclaimer about Kermit the Frog during the end credits.
I remember those days. On a similar note, there were 2 occasions when a Kermit clip was used for the "My Favorite Sesame Street Memory/Moment" segments during Season 35, and even then they warranted a copyright disclaimer about him at the end of the credits!

Last edited: