Walt Disney World takes down Muppet Vision 3D Balloon and sells limited edition vinyl pins

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Honestly just give the rights to the muppets to like Warner or Universal or something....
You know as well as I do that that ain't never going to happen. They could at the very least put someone in charge that would be passionate about the Muppets and their history, and also be able to play the Hollywood politics.

This is a bit off topic, but I bet you that with this concert they will only break even as far as money is concerned.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They said they were going to make The Chipmunks bigger in the 90s and 2000s than they were in the 80s, with talks of all kinds of projects like shows, specials, movies, albums, merchandise, theme park attractions, what have you . . . and all they did was release two direct-to-video movies (those Frankenstein and Wolfman movies) and that's it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
They said they were going to make The Chipmunks bigger in the 90s and 2000s than they were in the 80s, with talks of all kinds of projects like shows, specials, movies, albums, merchandise, theme park attractions, what have you . . . and all they did was release two direct-to-video movies (those Frankenstein and Wolfman movies) and that's it.
Well that's the problem with reboots sometimes, making something that was relevant and popular a decade ago and making relevant and popular today..
Disney has done a considerable good job with this in making there animated classics into live action, and staying true to the characters and story, but showing it in a new light.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the thing of it is, The Chipmunks weren't being rebooted, they were at the height of their popularity when they were sold to Universal on the condition of all those promises they were dangling . . . but unfortunately, Universal caused them to fall into obscurity during that time, so the original company sued to regain the rights to the franchise, hence why we started seeing them again for the past ten years.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, the thing of it is, The Chipmunks weren't being rebooted, they were at the height of their popularity when they were sold to Universal on the condition of all those promises they were dangling . . . but unfortunately, Universal caused them to fall into obscurity during that time, so the original company sued to regain the rights to the franchise, hence why we started seeing them again for the past ten years.
Henson won't do anything like that.....

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
While Disney doesn't really know what to do with the Muppets, I think they are better off with Disney owning them rather than JHC. I mean, look what JHC did with the Muppets during the tail end of their ownership of the Muppets - absolutely nothing. At least Disney is trying to do something with them - the live show in London next month, the possibility of a new show, etc. And I think no other company could do any better than what Disney's doing right now.

GOOD GOD I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE DUKE AAH!!!! :stick_out_tongue:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
This is hard on Muppet fans.

I was so looking forward to seeing the iconic balloon at DisneyWorld that I'm flying around the world to see. And I didn't even know it was taken down. So Star Wars fans felt it was more realistic.

And 2. Disney has destroyed a huge part of muppet history. It is slightly worrying me about further stuff like this happening

dwayne1115

Reaction score
While Disney doesn't really know what to do with the Muppets, I think they are better off with Disney owning them rather than JHC. I mean, look what JHC did with the Muppets during the tail end of their ownership of the Muppets - absolutely nothing. At least Disney is trying to do something with them - the live show in London next month, the possibility of a new show, etc. And I think no other company could do any better than what Disney's doing right now.

GOOD GOD I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE DUKE AAH!!!! :stick_out_tongue:
I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I don't think they will even break even money wise with this London concert.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I don't think they will even break even money wise with this London concert.
I looked the other week and the matinee performance (which I'm going to btw) has loads of tickets left