None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And it was hot that day, no exception. It's not uncommon for it to be a little above average and still warm in early October.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here we are: back in the 90s, and it's apparently going to stay that way for the rest of the month. Man, this blows!

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Ugh, so - "good news" --- the AC in my room is broken. I don't know why or how, but it is. And the worst part about it - the actual temperature in my room is 87 degrees. I might as well sleep outside, it'd definitely be cooler. :rolleyes: :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Ten years ago we were living in an old apartment, and my bedroom was essentially an attic, and as you know, heat rises, so my room was bottling up all the heat: since the apartment was really old, the air conditioning was inadequate - the super didn't allow window units, but said we could have a portable unit, so we got one for my room, and after installing it and turning it on for the first time, it too read the room temperature as being well into the 80s.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My room actually gets a tad stuffy in the morning in winter, but that's because my room faces the morning sun, and the trees are bare so they're not blocking the sun. I have black-out curtains, that helps to a degree. I also leave my vents completely uncovered: I find the airflow is stronger and more powerful than blowing through open vent covers.