Muppet Fan Confessions

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here's a confession I never thought I'd make.

I have yet to watch any footage of Steve from the conventions he's been doing. It's not that I can't find it....I've just....haven't felt the compulsion to....

You should he seems to be doing so good, and really happy to meet with fans. He has also said he is planning to continue to carry on Jim's legacy with his own work.

Now Confession time:
I like the Dark Crystal more then Labyrinth.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, if you watch the convention with Steve on YT, at one point he references how he's going to continue on with puppetry in some form or the other, which is actually really exciting! Hopefully he will make his own series with his self-developed characters!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!
*jumps off cliff because the world is ending*
You should he seems to be doing so good, and really happy to meet with fans. He has also said he is planning to continue to carry on Jim's legacy with his own work.

Now Confession time:
I like the Dark Crystal more then Labyrinth.
Yeah, if you watch the convention with Steve on YT, at one point he references how he's going to continue on with puppetry in some form or the other, which is actually really exciting! Hopefully he will make his own series with his self-developed characters!
MUPDATE!

I went ahead and watched a couple of them. He seems to be having fun :smile:. If he is gonna do his own thing now, it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with. I'm kinda hoping he brings Otis back to do something.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Same. David has made Cookie Monster a more well rounded, 3 dimensional character, I think.
Exactly! I suspect it's probably because when they recast him he was able to appear in more street stories so the writers got to flesh him out more.
But yeah, as much as I do love Frank's Cookie, I can't imagine that version being able to carry Cookie's Crummy Pictures.

MuppetMan28

Reaction score
I have been a Muppet fan for a long time now. I have seen 'the comedians a bear' many times now but I still don't get the joke of the sketch. English isn't my native language but it isn't the worst. I am trying my best to get the joke but it's just not coming through. Could somebody please explain the punchline!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have been a Muppet fan for a long time now. I have seen 'the comedians a bear' many times now but I still don't get the joke of the sketch. English isn't my native language but it isn't the worst. I am trying my best to get the joke but it's just not coming through. Could somebody please explain the punchline!
In the English language the word bear has two different meanings. One is the animal, which is Fozzie. The other meaning is being bare naked. So when Kermit says "The comedian is a bear" they are saying Fozzie is the animal bear, but Fozzie turns it around to mean bare naked, and then says he is wearing a neck tie. Hope that helps.