Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There are a lot of liberals who want to share there thoughts on "how bad Trump is and is a racist dictator". Then there is a small few that don't necessarily support everything that Trump dose and they are talked to like crap.
Liberals aren't any better at tolerance than conservatives. Like I keep saying, it's about the same. There was a pride parade in London recently, and this group of anti trans lesbian activists apparently laid down to blocked the parade until they were allowed to lead it! The parade organizers blamed...eh..."hot weather." Still don't quite get that, unless it's a "mad dogs and Englishmen" reference. And their limp apology went like this, “We do not condone their approach and message and hope the actions of a very small number people does not overshadow the messages of the 30,000 people marching today.”

Now, to be fair to the other side, these types of lesbians fear that they are being erased from the LGBTQ movement in favor of trans people. Actually not at all unlike the white working class deplorables who claimed they were being erased by identity politics during the last election.

Thing is, if it had been a Christian group trying to intimidate trans people these same organizers would be screaming holy h*ll. They're already ranting about Trump not acknowledging pride month (not that I think Trump is a Christian, heh). But because it's fellow liberals, people are too afraid to speak up. Too afraid to acknowledge that their side might turn out to be human, and not the one big happy tolerant family they want the world to see.

(Btw, I have tried to point out that such views exist to certain members of this board, though I was promptly, and unsurprisingly, ignored. :wink: ).

I'm seeing people on Tumblr (yeah I know, stay with me, hehe), genuinely upset and confused as to why so little is being said about this. They're learning the lessons of partisanship the hard way. That is what needs to be gone from this country. And a little humble pie for both "sides" wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I said, Democrats, you’re on your own next election. I refuse to be part of a group that celebrates this. No matter how you feel about abortion, it’s a serious issue women face. Not something to f*cking cheer over. This isn’t satire, this is just activism. And you know it. And it’s disgusting. Sadly, you don’t seem to know that. Goodbye forever. And I truly do hope you lose. I’ll be praying to several different gods for it.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/39...ons-god-bless-abortions-and-god-bless-america

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said time and again, abortion is the one issue I do actually disagree with Democrats on, but unfortunately, that's only one issue, and it's not enough to persuade me to vote Republican: Republicans are against too many other things that are actually beneficial to the American people that Democrats otherwise support.

But saying "God bless abortions" reminds me of that scene from DO THE RIGHT THING where Spike Lee is basically thanking God for the sin of fornication. It's just plain wrong, and if nothing else, this is clearly attention seeking and stirring the pot more than it needs to be.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and it's not enough to persuade me to vote Republican
Oh I'm not doing that, I'm doing a write in. Democrats hate that even more than voting Republican.

this is clearly attention seeking and stirring the pot more than it needs to be.
The left does not care, even if it ends up costing them an election. I can see what the Young Turks meant now when they said the Democrats are paid simply to lose.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way I see it, unless some sweeping changes are made, I think we're all just stuck with the two parties. Third-party and Independent nominees are always overshadowed and never taken seriously - it's almost kind of like when The Pinky and The Brain became The Pinky and The Brain and Larry.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The way I see it, unless some sweeping changes are made, I think we're all just stuck with the two parties. Third-party and Independent nominees are always overshadowed and never taken seriously - it's almost kind of like when The Pinky and The Brain became The Pinky and The Brain and Larry.
Exactly, and I think what some people here haven't understood is that I'm harder on the Democrats because I am more on their side. And I'm tired of them never learning anything, never being more than they can be. So yeah, it's come to the point where I'm delighted to punish them with a write in. Sometimes you just get passed the point of sympathy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said a while back, I don't even know what to do about the midterms this year, because practically everyone running in my state is a pro-Trump Republican, and they're all pushing the same campaign: they'll help build his wall, they'll work with him to get things done, they'll make sure Tennessee will have no sanctuary cities, they'll make sure immigrants are booted out of the state, they'll make sure Christian values will thrive in America again, they'll make sure Planned Parenthood is defunded, blah-blah-blah . . . I don't think there's a single Democrat running in this state, because I haven't seen a single ad or campaign for anybody other than these pro-Trump Republicans.

But, like I said, that says a lot about my state . . . for years, whenever you go to vote - either in primaries, midterms, or just local elections, and you have to declare your party, the smiles on their faces are immediately erased when you say you're a Democrat, then they look at you like you're from Mars.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As I've said a while back, I don't even know what to do about the midterms this year, because practically everyone running in my state is a pro-Trump Republican, and they're all pushing the same campaign: they'll help build his wall, they'll work with him to get things done, they'll make sure Tennessee will have no sanctuary cities, they'll make sure immigrants are booted out of the state, they'll make sure Christian values will thrive in America again, they'll make sure Planned Parenthood is defunded, blah-blah-blah . . . I don't think there's a single Democrat running in this state, because I haven't seen a single ad or campaign for anybody other than these pro-Trump Republicans.

But, like I said, that says a lot about my state . . . for years, whenever you go to vote - either in primaries, midterms, or just local elections, and you have to declare your party, the smiles on their faces are immediately erased when you say you're a Democrat, then they look at you like you're from Mars.
Yeah I don't think either of us are from swing states, hehe, so really, our votes only count for so much. But I sympathize with you, that must be difficult to have that kind of judgement in your face. I admire you for standing up for your convictions in that situation. My state is very Democrat, my town is very Republican, so people are a little of both and it's not all that weird to be either party. Plus people just mind their own business more, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My state is very Democrat, my town is very Republican
Well, to be fair, it's kind of the reverse for us: my state is Republican, but my city is Democrat, for the most part. I think Dwayne and I both have mentioned this before, but with our state, it seems like the more populated areas are - like the cities and metros and what have you - the more liberal they are, whereas the further out into the rural and country areas you go, the more conservative it gets. I live within city limits, but most voting places are out in the suburbs, which tend to lean a little more toward the right than they do the left - and many of them are run by older townspeople, which probably also accounts for the less-than-savory looks you get if you declare you're a Democrat.
But I sympathize with you, that must be difficult to have that kind of judgement in your face. I admire you for standing up for your convictions in that situation.
Well, again . . . y'know . . . Democrats, liberals, and left-leaning people have pretty much always been regarded like this . . . Republicans and conservatives are partly right when they call themselves a "Silent Majority." Yes, they're a majority, but they certainly are not silent - if eight years of Obama is any indication of that. You've seen it all over Facebook, haven't you? Window decals whining about how Trump gave up his life of luxury for ridicule and humiliation? That's exactly what it was like when Obama was President. Palin started the Tea Party because she was a sore loser that she and McCain lost to Obama. The right wouldn't shut up about Obama, and how he was a Muslim anti-Christ, and how he was destroying America from within, and how America didn't need a black man as President, blah-blah-blah . . . as vocal as they were about their disdain, and as much as the conservative majority in the White House blocked him on so many things, there were many times where I honestly thought Obama's victory wasn't worth it. And now those same people are saying the same thing about Trump - while also saying everyone else has no right to express disdain towards him . . . yeah, sorry - you can't spend eight years disdaining Obama, then say nobody else has a right to disdain Trump.

But nevertheless, the left has always been treated this way, and the right certainly takes pride in bringing the left down . . . again, you see all the memes floating around about how much they love liberal tears, and how much they love watching snowflakes melt, and all that crap? Yeah, you didn't really see much of that coming from the left about the right, have you? At least, not till recently.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I live within city limits, but most voting places are out in the suburbs, which tend to lean a little more toward the right than they do the left - and many of them are run by older townspeople, which probably also accounts for the less-than-savory looks you get if you declare you're a Democrat.
Ahhh, I gotcha, that does make sense.

Republicans and conservatives are partly right when they call themselves a "Silent Majority."
Yeah I never understood that. I know that's an '80s thing but I doubt they were silent then either, lol.

You've seen it all over Facebook, haven't you? Window decals whining about how Trump gave up his life of luxury for ridicule and humiliation?
Yeah, those really bug me. What a con job.

yeah, sorry - you can't spend eight years disdaining Obama, then say nobody else has a right to disdain Trump.
Very, very true. And if Trump were commanding respect naturally, they wouldn't have to defend him to this degree.

But nevertheless, the left has always been treated this way, and the right certainly takes pride in bringing the left down . . . again, you see all the memes floating around about how much they love liberal tears, and how much they love watching snowflakes melt, and all that crap?
Absolutely I see that. Those people are stunted idiots (though I guess that's redundant...)

Yeah, you didn't really see much of that coming from the left about the right, have you?
There is where we always disagree. Try saying the wrong thing around a group of liberals online. It gets ugly quite quickly. And they don't care if you agree with them on everything else. You're officially the enemy. All they can see from that moment is "Racist" or "Sexist." And it doesn't matter if you're a woman or minority, you're now a sell out. Heck, you are no longer human. The left is obsessed with these labels and it's hindering their ability to debate or listen.

And they say they want to stand up for the working class, but at the same time, they have contempt for the working class and everything that's important to them. And lately they've gotten so extreme they want to replace everything in society with their flavor of the moment social engineering. And if you're not into that, you guessed it, you're a racist/sexist. The left has lost all perspective and any ability to learn.

Last edited: