Summer Camp Island

snichols1973

Reaction score
CN's newest series, Summer Camp Island, is debuting this weekend.

Feel free to share your thoughts and discussions, etc.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
CN's newest series, Summer Camp Island, is debuting this weekend.

Feel free to share your thoughts and discussions, etc.
Yeah, I didn't expect to like the show very much, but I actually really, really do! Now, i'm not sure how wise it is for Cartoon Network to be airing every episode all at once, it seems like a way to make audiences tired of it as soon as it starts, but that's CN for you. Anyways, the show is really cute, funny, and charming. It's unlike anything the network has ever had, including the art style. The voice cast consists almost entirely of child actors, and they all do a good job. If this show becomes a hit, which I hope it will, I think Suzy the witch is going to be a huge fan favorite; She's certainly mine.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Pepper the Panda, with his security blanket, reminds me of Linus Van Pelt, and Betsy's physical traits look like they were based on Arthur and/or D.W. Read.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is a pretty fun and crazy show. Like OK K.O., it better established itself from the pitch pilot online to the main series by better introducing our main characters and the setting, in this case the anthropomorphic animals and all the talking objects they are surrounded by. One thing I've noticed in the episodes I've seen so far is that Oscar's crush on Hedgehog isn't apparent, unlike the pilot. Maybe that will change down the line.

Like Gravity Falls and Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer before it, I think SCI will have a pretty short run considering the setting. Then again, Phineas & Ferb ran way longer than 104 days (i.e. episodes), so who knows.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Huh, I just looked it up and I had no idea Hedgehog was a girl.

snichols1973

Reaction score

mr3urious

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the girl in purple riding on a unicorn looks like Muffy Crosswire? And that Max the bat boy in the red baseball cap looks a bit like Wakko Warner?