"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
OK so, like, this is kind of a moral dilemma...

I really want to support this movie because it's The Jim Henson Company and I want them to make other things, I also hope that if the movie does well then there will be more puppet movies. But what if it gets awful reviews, should I still go to see it and support a terrible movie?

IDK, maybe this is stupid because the movie isn't even out yet and we have no idea how it'll do one way or the other. But, hypothetically what do you guys think?
I think you're over-thinking it. Just wait until you see the movie and see if you like it. Don't worry about what other people think of it. They just released a trailer that's more safe-for-work:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think you're over-thinking it. Just wait until you see the movie and see if you like it. Don't worry about what other people think of it. They just released a trailer that's more safe-for-work:
Well, this one looks a little better. At the very least, it looks more nuanced. I'm still gonna save judgement for until after it comes out though. There are a few new clips in there, so that's nice, but nothing that really grabs my eye.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But what if it gets awful reviews, should I still go to see it and support a terrible movie?
Just because the reviews are awful doesn't mean it's an awful movie. It's normal for movies that get many bad reviews from professional critics to do well and be very well-liked by the general public (of course, just because it does super-well at the box office also doesn't mean it's that good). Opinions vary. Sometimes movies that were widely liked by critics don't do that well (and can you believe that Roger Ebert of all people preferred the kid from Home Aloen 3 over Macully Culkin, while he also gave a positive review for Paul Blart: Mall Cop?), sometimes movies that were critically panned end up not doing well at the box office but become cult hits later on.

But if you usually agree with what the critics say, then listen to the critics.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There's pleanty of movies I forever enjoy watching that have gotten crummy reviews.

Some examples:

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story
See Spot Run
Zookeeper
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Grownups
Brides Maid
The Bucket List

Etc.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, I guess by reviews, I mean the critics reaction mixed with the audience reaction, unless they have the polar opposite opinions. Because, generally speaking, most good movies as of recent have gotten similar amounts of praise, or lack thereof, from both sides.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
I found one quote on this unlisted trailer that's funny when the woman punches a monster when he tries to suck her dick. The quote "Wanna Pull my Gun? No." means you should actually download this using a YouTube downloader:

It's humorous. LOL! Let's download it people XD!

BoppityFrack

Reaction score
I really don't understand why everyone is so stressed and angry about this movie. If it was with humans, it wouldn't be a big deal, but once you add puppets to it, it becomes such a big thing. I think movies like this have a specific audience and it obviously isn't make to fit everyone's standards. Even if it does get bad reviews, that doesn't mean its a bad movie. Critics can be really harsh and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really don't understand why everyone is so stressed and angry about this movie. If it was with humans, it wouldn't be a big deal, but once you add puppets to it, it becomes such a big thing.
Because it looks like that's all there is. It's entirely possible the film won't be like the trailers, which rely 100% on "Puppets saying / doing naughty things and that's the only joke."

Blue comedy works when done right; from what I've seen of the other Henson Alternative projects, they seem to just go blue for the sake of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I find it interesting that this movie finally got the green light and is now being released only after Henson backed Disney in the firing of a certain puppeteer.