Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, if Shout is doing business with Seaame Workshop, I'm excited to see what's in store.

They're the current home video rights holders/TV distributors for my favorite show (Mystery Science Theater 3000), they've put out some of my favorite old Nick shows, and I'm happy to see they've done some good business with Disney and gave Gravity Falls a proper DVD release.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
They need to start doing Sesame Street Blu-ray releases since they've never done so in the past so it'll be possible to watch them in HD offline. There's gotta be some way to get them to produce blu-ray like Sony's distributing Fraggle Rock on.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's not going to happen.

Maybe with the modern stuff where it's shot in digital, but everything else was shot on tape, and you can't really do that with Blu-ray, far as I'm concerned.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They need to start doing Sesame Street Blu-ray releases since they've never done so in the past so it'll be possible to watch them in HD offline. There's gotta be some way to get them to produce blu-ray like Sony's distributing Fraggle Rock on.
Sesame Street was shot on videotape, thus can't be released in high definition without being upscaled (meaning blowing up the image bigger; it doesn't improve the quality of the video).

I highly doubt they'll do anything Blu-ray unless it's from when they actually started shooting in HD. And if any older material is released looking the way their Throwback clips have been looking on YouTube as of late, I don't want a collection of clips looking all interlaced and terrible.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You still gotta give them credit for restoring color at least. It's even got sharper, too.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I was a little worried with Shout now releasing Sesame DVDs, that they would stop releasing modern stuff. Looking at the cover for Elmo Explores, I'm glad to see that's not the case. Cause there are some modern street stories that I think are worthy of being on DVD, the Thanksgiving episode, the introductions of Julia and Rudy, the Last Straw and Oscar the Kind.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
I was a little worried with Shout now releasing Sesame DVDs, that they would stop releasing modern stuff. Looking at the cover for Elmo Explores, I'm glad to see that's not the case. Cause there are some modern street stories that I think are worthy of being on DVD, the Thanksgiving episode, the introductions of Julia and Rudy, the Last Straw and Oscar the Kind.
That's not good when Shout won't be releasing contemporary stuff. Could that be because it doesn't like such thing or is it not ok with releasing it?

I guarantee they will be releasing them if it gets the distribution rights some day so kids can be excited to see new Sesame things they never got to see before.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Shifting from Warner to Shout might explain the long delay between video releases. It might also be better for Sesame going into the 50th anniversary; it makes the odds of seeing some classic releases a little higher.
Honestly, if Shout is doing business with Seaame Workshop, I'm excited to see what's in store.

They're the current home video rights holders/TV distributors for my favorite show (Mystery Science Theater 3000), they've put out some of my favorite old Nick shows, and I'm happy to see they've done some good business with Disney and gave Gravity Falls a proper DVD release.
I'm super excited myself. As you (Shane) pointed out, hopefully it means the possibility of more classic releases, which will come in handy for next year. Plus, Shout really knows how to deal with old school TV shows- heck they've released The Electric Company and Ghostwriter on DVD (both of which are old school CTW/SW shows)! On the other hand, we've only seen 2 DVD box sets and 2 single disc DVD's of TEC, and only the 1st season of GW, though I'm well aware that the fanbases for those 2 shows aren't as big as the SS fanbase in this day and age.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
That's not good when Shout won't be releasing contemporary stuff. Could that be because it doesn't like such thing or is it not ok with releasing it?

I guarantee they will be releasing them if it gets the distribution rights some day so kids can be excited to see new Sesame things they never got to see before.
I just thought since Shout usually releases classic stuff, I was worried future Sesame DVDs would be nothing but classic. Than I released Gravity Falls isn't exactly classic. I'm excited about the possibility of more Old School releases, but I'm glad they're still doing modern stuff too.