Songs where we're more familiar with covers than the originals

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, definitely Polly Darton's "I Will Always Love You." Same with Sinnead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2U."

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I think we're all much more familiar with the Muppet version of Mahna Mahna than the original version.

Hayley B

Reaction score
How about "With a Little Help from My Friends" from The Beatles. I'm more use to the cover version from Joe Cocker.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think we're all much more familiar with the Muppet version of Mahna Mahna than the original version.
Even as a teenager, I thought that was an original muppet song. Wasn't until I was 17 that I figured out it wasn't.

How about "With a Little Help from My Friends" from The Beatles. I'm more use to the cover version from Joe Cocker.
Honestly, being a big Beatles fan, I'm more used to Ringo's version. But Joe Cocker's was certainly bad***!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
bowling for soup's 1985 is a cover

its arguably better than the original
OMG, that song was such a huge part of my childhood! I can't believe it's a cover. What's next, you gonna tell me that Michael Jackson wasn't the first to record Beat It.

I didn't realize until recently that The Wishing Song was a cover because it fit so well with Gonzo's character

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Beatles version of Twist and Shout is by far the most well known, most people think it was originally done by The Isley Brothers, but actually...

cjd874

Reaction score
I always thought that "Blinded by the Light" was originally done by Manfred Mann's Earth Band in 1977, but I learned that the song was written by Bruce Springsteen for his 1973 album Greetings from Asbury Park. Bruce IS the boss, but the Earth Band's version is 10 times better in my opinion.