Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just enjoy, nothing too serious/more casual fan of...
  • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
I'll be honest, that anime along with One Piece creeped me out when I was in middle school. But I've thought of giving it a chance one day like I am with One Piece (at least the manga; the anime I'm going to be needing to take alooooot of breaks in between, I'm sure).

Used to be a huge fan of, and still like, but not quite as much anymore...
  • Hamtaro

• My Life as a Teenage Robot

Nah, I kid. :stick_out_tongue: I loved that show back in the day. To think it's now 15 years old....
I'm also guilty of crushing on Jenny back in the day. :shifty: I'm pretty much like Sheldon; dorky characters....

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Right now I'm...…

A huge fan of...….

-Bob's Burgers
-Robot Chicken
-The Big Bang Theory
-Happy Tree Friends
-Family Guy
-Young Sheldon
-Whose Line Is It Anyway? (I've become SUPER hooked on this show as of recently)
-The Simpsons
-Stranger Things
-The Goldbergs (Another show I've recently become hooked on)

Casual fan of:

-Futurama
-Eureeka's Castle (Mostly for nostalgia sake but I still think the show holds up even as an adult)
-CNN's The History of Comedy
-American Dad!
-Final Space
-The Orville
-We Bare Bears
-Our Cartoon President
-Rick and Morty
-Moral Orel
-Beavis & Butt-Head
-The Middle
-The I.T. Crowd
-Wonder Showzen
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
-Regular Show
-Saturday Night Live
-Mythbusters
-Channel Zero
-Drunk History

Used to be a huge fan of and still like but not quite as much anymore...…

-MAD (Eh, I'll occasionally watch reruns of this one but I think Robot Chicken has taken over as my favorite animated 15 minute parody show)
-In Living Color
-Ridiculousness
-Will and Grace
-Clarence
-The Cleveland Show (I used to think this show was hilarious but now I think that Family Guy is MUCH funnier overall)
-Gravity Falls (If they hadn't cancelled it, it would totally remain a part of my favorites list. It was by far one of the most spectacular and hilarious cartoons in recent memory and it really doesn't deserve to be limited to reruns)

Upcoming shows I'm looking forward to.....

-Disenchantment (I love anything Matt Groening creates)
-Whatever the upcoming Rosanne spin-off will be called

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Right now I'm...…

A huge fan of...….

-Bob's Burgers
-Robot Chicken
-The Big Bang Theory
-Happy Tree Friends
-Family Guy
-Young Sheldon
-Whose Line Is It Anyway? (I've become SUPER hooked on this show as of recently)
-The Simpsons
-Stranger Things
-The Goldbergs (Another show I've recently become hooked on)

Casual fan of:

-Futurama
-Eureeka's Castle (Mostly for nostalgia sake but I still think the show holds up even as an adult)
-CNN's The History of Comedy
-American Dad!
-Final Space
-The Orville
-We Bare Bears
-Our Cartoon President
-Rick and Morty
-Moral Orel
-Beavis & Butt-Head
-The Middle
-The I.T. Crowd
-Wonder Showzen
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
-Regular Show
-Saturday Night Live
-Mythbusters
-Channel Zero
-Drunk History

Used to be a huge fan of and still like but not quite as much anymore...…

-MAD (Eh, I'll occasionally watch reruns of this one but I think Robot Chicken has taken over as my favorite animated 15 minute parody show)
-In Living Color
-Ridiculousness
-Will and Grace
-Clarence
-The Cleveland Show (I used to think this show was hilarious but now I think that Family Guy is MUCH funnier overall)
-Gravity Falls (If they hadn't cancelled it, it would totally remain a part of my favorites list. It was by far one of the most spectacular and hilarious cartoons in recent memory and it really doesn't deserve to be limited to reruns)

Upcoming shows I'm looking forward to.....

-Disenchantment (I love anything Matt Groening creates)
-Whatever the upcoming Rosanne spin-off will be called
The Conners.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've recently become hooked on another hilarious cartoon. One that my dad considers to be one of all time favorite animated programs. It is:

Sometimes you just simply can't go wrong that the classics. Especially when it comes to shows that are as incredibly funny as The Flintstones.

Any Del

Reaction score
I'll be honest, that anime along with One Piece creeped me out when I was in middle school. But I've thought of giving it a chance one day like I am with One Piece (at least the manga; the anime I'm going to be needing to take alooooot of breaks in between, I'm sure).

Nah, I kid. :stick_out_tongue: I loved that show back in the day. To think it's now 15 years old....
I'm also guilty of crushing on Jenny back in the day. :shifty: I'm pretty much like Sheldon; dorky characters....
You're not the only one. :wink:

Any Del

Reaction score
My favorite Non Henson shows are:

1) Courage the Cowardly Dog

2) Arthur

3)Cyberchase

4) FETCH! With Ruff Ruff Man

5) NARUTO/SHIPPUDEN/BORUTO

6) Everybody Hates Chris

7) Bernie Mac Show

8) DRAGON BALL/Z/GT/SUPER

9) Ultimate Spider Man

10) Teen Titans

11) Spectacular Spider Man

12) Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

13) Powerpuff Girls

14) Family Guy

15) American Dad

16) Cleveland Show

17) Boy Meets World

18) Fresh Prince of Bel Air

19) Martin

20) The Boondocks

21) Old Spongebob

22) The Berenstain Bears (2002)

23) Dexter's Laboratory

24) Little Bill

25) Bob the Builder

26) Thomas and Friends

27) Old Disney sitcoms: That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana Wizards on Deck

28) Hey Arnold

29) American Dragon Jake Long

30) Grim and Evil

31) Ying Yang Yo

32) Buzz on Maggie

33) Kids Next Door

34) Invader Zim

35) Samurai Jack

May I go on?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My favorite Non Henson shows are:

1) Courage the Cowardly Dog

2) Arthur

3)Cyberchase

4) FETCH! With Ruff Ruff Man

5) NARUTO/SHIPPUDEN/BORUTO

6) Everybody Hates Chris

7) Bernie Mac Show

8) DRAGON BALL/Z/GT/SUPER

9) Ultimate Spider Man

10) Teen Titans

11) Spectacular Spider Man

12) Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

13) Powerpuff Girls

14) Family Guy

15) American Dad

16) Cleveland Show

17) Boy Meets World

18) Fresh Prince of Bel Air

19) Martin

20) The Boondocks

21) Old Spongebob

22) The Berenstain Bears (2002)

23) Dexter's Laboratory

24) Little Bill

25) Bob the Builder

26) Thomas and Friends

27) Old Disney sitcoms: That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana Wizards on Deck

28) Hey Arnold

29) American Dragon Jake Long

30) Grim and Evil

31) Ying Yang Yo

32) Buzz on Maggie

33) Kids Next Door

34) Invader Zim

35) Samurai Jack

May I go on?
Glad to see someone else who likes The Cleveland Show.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I still love Robot Chicken as well as Seth MacFarlane's other projects but I have recently made a decision to stop watching Family Guy after I stumbled upon a very disturbing and potentially dangerous skit.

The scene was where Peter Griffin came into the room holding a knife and asked Lois

"If I was gonna kill myself, should I slit my wrist this way or this way?" as he spoke he demonstrated by using accompanying hand gestures and everything.

Meg then shouted from the other room,

"Sideways for attention, long ways for results!". Lois confirmed that her daughter was correct and Peter ran off to presumably kill himself.

I was shocked at what I had heard. They literally just gave their audience ACTUAL SUICIDE TIPS! To make matters even worse, earlier on in the same exact episode Peter had broken the fourth wall and addressed the audience by saying,

"You don't know who Joe Pesci is because your fourteen. Well, in the '90s that was a tough guy!".

It's common knowledge that teenagers have very high suicide rates. So they basically just told their audience, that they are fully aware is mostly made up of teenagers, the correct way to kill oneself. That is just downright unforgivable. What if some depressed teenager who loved Family Guy heard that joke and actually took Meg's suicide advice? That's not funny at all. That scene is by far the most insensitive and downright cruel thing I've ever heard on a TV show.

I had previously ranted about Robot Chicken stealing Homestar Runner characters for the sake of insulting them not too long ago and while that is certainly cruel, it is NOTHING compared to possibly contributing to the already high suicide rate among teenagers.

After seeing Family Guy guide their audience into suicide, I no longer want to associate with such trash. I don't care how many of their other episodes are funny, that wrist slitting scene can't possibly be defended. Words can not describe how furious and disappointed I am at FOX and Fuzzy Door Productions for allowing such a "joke" to even see the light of day. I mean, Family Guy is on regular TV for crying out loud. It's not even on cable much less some paid channel like HBO. Literally anyone who owns a television could see that disgusting sketch. I don't want to support any show that directly explains the proper way to slight one's own wrists to the audience.

It also makes me feel angry about the hypocrisy of censorship. Dropping the F-bomb and showing full frontal nudity is seen as horrible, but possibly guiding young people into suicide is okay. Something about that just seems very backwards to me. Because at the end of the day the F-word is just a word and nudity is just a picture, but there is no denying that suicide guides are a horrible thing that should be censored.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Like I said before, I was getting tired of the show by season 8, because that's when I feel like the show just completely changed (Cleveland temporarily left, Stewie is just a comic relief with homosexual jokes and only interacts with Brian, Quagmire just became a giant ******, Brian is now the most ignorant and sex-deprived dog), and I noticed even Cleveland's personality really changed in the Cleveland Show.

The thing I've learned is - shows either go really good or really stale by the sixth season, depending on how it's played out.

Sesame Street got better as time progressed, so did Regular Show, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Simpsons was doing well but then around season 9 was when it just started to drop, South Park was great until maybe around 2012. Then it just became hit and miss. But they still do a good job with making fun of stuff.

Family Guy was starting to show some problems in my opinion by seasons 6/7, but I thought they were forgiveable. Season 8, I was just over with the show.