New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Just supported at the $150 premiere reward level! What an amazing opportunity! I wonder if it will go back up or if it's staying at $150.

zns

Reaction score
The campaign just ended recently and they reached their goal. I can't wait to see the first official trailer for this movie. I donated $60 so I'm super excited to get my green Grover. :super:

zns

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's been any new updates yet? Just though I'd ask. Thanks

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's been any new updates yet? Just though I'd ask. Thanks
Every chance I get, I look on both of the websites, and oddly enough there haven't been any in quite awhile. Indiegogo has made it well past their $100,000 goal and according to the 2018 page on Muppet Wiki, the documentary is set to be released this year.

All in all, you're right- it's rather strange that we haven't gotten any kind of updates lately.

Reactions: zns

zns

Reaction score
Every chance I get, I look on both of the websites, and oddly enough there haven't been any in quite awhile. Indiegogo has made it well past their $100,000 goal and according to the 2018 page on Muppet Wiki, the documentary is set to be released this year.

All in all, you're right- it's rather strange that we haven't gotten any kind of updates lately.
Yeah it is kind of strange that something hasn't been said since last year. I'm wondering if the producers have been preoccupied with certain things in the film or if something else is going on. I actually posted on their Facebook page a few days ago asking what's up but have not heard back anything yet. I wonder if we can email them?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Wiki will have to be changed to sound more neutral; it must have come from one of their sites originally.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding out on releasing it until next year to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

EDIT: Their preview image on their official site says "Coming 2019," so let's assume it'll be then.

gravy

Reaction score
Yeah, the place with the most updates would be their Facebook page, so you can check that every once in a while.

zns

Reaction score
Good news. I just got a message from the producers this morning. Here's what they said:

"Thanks for checking in! We are going to put out a huge announcement in the next few weeks. Everything is going great!"

Looks like we'll have new updates soon. Maybe even a trailer.:super: