The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, they way our next door neighbor is always screaming at and cussing out her kids, I won't be the least bit surprised if they end up growing up into becoming drug dealers, gangbangers, thugs, and hood rats.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like bad guys from the "smart kid vs. adult crooks" genre were competent/successful criminals until they messed with a kid who successfully defeated them (even in cases where the kids were more well-meaning or unaware). Seems the case with the bad guys from Home Alone, Dennis the Menace, Blank Check, and Baby's Day Out (though it seems the henchmen sent out against the kids from Three Ninja's always were incompetent, before facing off against them, while their leaders are the ones who should have handled the children).

I'd like to see some prequels with some of these bad guys, showing how good they were at their jobs before those kids came into their lives. I think a Wet Bandits prequel would probably be the most marketable (since the other films get heavily criticized by fans and professionals).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It seems like bad guys from the "smart kid vs. adult crooks" genre were competent/successful criminals until they messed with a kid who successfully defeated them (even in cases where the kids were more well-meaning or unaware). Seems the case with the bad guys from Home Alone, Dennis the Menace, Blank Check, and Baby's Day Out (though it seems the henchmen sent out against the kids from Three Ninja's always were incompetent, before facing off against them, while their leaders are the ones who should have handled the children).

I'd like to see some prequels with some of these bad guys, showing how good they were at their jobs before those kids came into their lives. I think a Wet Bandits prequel would probably be the most marketable (since the other films get heavily criticized by fans and professionals).
That could actually make for an interesting premise.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With some contributors to Muppet Wiki having Sesame Street scripts from a "trusted source", I wonder if we'll figure out the episode that introduced us to Telly Monster in his current, better-known personality as opposed to his original TV-obsessed personality, due to the fact that Caroll Spinney was suddenly unavailable and they changed the episode they taped from a Big Bird-centered episode to a Telly-centered one.

If they were just replacing Big Bird with a character who was suddenly given a new identity, would they have bothered to change the script? Maybe they'd cross out Big Bird's name and write in Telly, I think typewriters had something that could cross out names though I think they would have done it in pencil. But they easily could have just told the cast to refer to him as Telly instead of Big Bird (and in the old days, it was common for them to correct their own mistakes on-screen - in fact, it seems it was also common for scripts to allow a lot of improv because of this, though I don't know if that changed by season 10/11). I think one of the contributors with these trusted sources said that some scripts seemed to be transcribed by somebody actually watching the episodes as opposed to the actual pre-taping scripts (but what would be the odds that this Telly episode would be among them?).

I've read that many of the scripts say "final aired version", I wonder if that note was made to the scripts after the street scenes were taped or after the whole episode was edited together (and maybe after test screenings) or if it was put in after the episodes actually aired.

Though I guess one possible way to figure it out would be if a script mentions Big Bird but the program guide at the CTW Archives mentions Telly instead (but the program guides often aren't that detailed - the season 11 program guides in particular look like full episode rundowns but a lot of scene descriptions are very generic, with things like "Letter Recognition: C (three segments)" or "Word Recognition: Stop".

mr3urious

Reaction score
My dog is afraid whenever I break out the bicycle pump to inflate my bike tires (or do any kind of maintenance to my bike at all), yet he's not afraid of the vacuum cleaner. Probably it's because I curse up a storm when I do that, which makes it seem like I'm angry at him. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both my TV and computer are simultaneously starting to show "burn" lines from where I always keep both of their displays set on a 4:3 format 99% of the time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean I keep both my computer and TV on a "fullscreen" display almost all the time, and have for so many years that whenever I do adjust them into a "widescreen" display, you can see faint lines where the black pillarbox bars usually are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So McDonald's has wyngs now, and . . . why do I get the feeling they taste no different than regular McNuggets, just smothered in a wyng sauce? I mean, Burger King's newer chicken sandwiches (the ones they try to make look fancy) taste no different than their regular chicken sandwich.