When will The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and Muppets Tonight arrive on DVD?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Let's not forget Lionsgate that actually released some of JHH.

I'm hoping the re-releases of seasons 1-3 are a good sign. I wonder what makes them so "Special Edition." Especially since they're rereleasing Dinosaurs as well, and it's cheaper on Amazon to get the original seasons 3&4 than it is to get the rerelease.

Don't quite see how that works.
Special edition is likey, slip a new cover on the old boxsets with a sticker that either says watch the muppets on ABC or 40th anniversary of TMS, still shows that Disney hasn't forgotten about them. Though by the time the actual DVD sets are released no one will be using DVDs, it's not like streaming hasn't already taken over most of their money.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I was wondering if Disney was going to do anything for the 40th anniversary of TMS, but I felt it seemed too farfetched, and Disney had too many other franchises on their plate, but it's nice to see that they're doing something for it, even if it's not for the 40th anniversary, it's good that TMS is going to be in stores for people to buy, maybe good sales will lead to the other seasons being released.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Because Disney's unpredictable.
Disney is VERY predictable. They don’t want to put older shows on DVD anymore. They’re over it. If the last two seasons of this series ever get some sort of release from Disney, it’s going to be on their streaming site. Forget the DVDs.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Because Disney's unpredictable.
It's getting to look like we can predict one thing at least about Disney. The longer time goes by the more predictable it seems that the season releases have been cancelled and they won't outrightly admit so to us.

As such it will be a big surprise if the day ever comes when Season 4 is on DVD.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I'm really hoping they'll put 4 & 5 on their streaming service. I'm not holding my breath, but that would sure be nice.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Disney is VERY predictable. They don’t want to put older shows on DVD anymore. They’re over it. If the last two seasons of this series ever get some sort of release from Disney, it’s going to be on their streaming site. Forget the DVDs.
They really are, and I feel like people forget/overlook how bad Disney is when it comes to putting shows on DVD. Usually they're just volume sets with random episodes scattered around or usually releasee the first two seasons of a show and end it there. We're VERY lucky to have even gotten season 3 on DVD.

Now that Shout Factory is doing business with Disney, I think it's up to them to get the last 2 seasons out, assuming Disney gives them permission.