Happytime Murders...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
@Sgt Floyd to be fair, he also jumped the gun and said don't watch the movie just because of the box office performance and reviews. That's where we kind of raised an eyebrow.
absolutely nowhere does he say to not watch the movie. he just says he personally wont.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, looking back at the posts, you're right on that. I may have jumped the gun on that part/misinterpreted it, so I apologize for that.

The point, however, I feel is I just think it's silly to quickly judge a movie based on a trailer and say it's bad. Cause end of the day, trailers don't really give the whole thing. Now, if it was just something like "It looks okay, but I guess I'll wait till it comes out commercially" then yeah, I can understand that. But just saying it's bad over one trailer to me personally feels too quick to judge.

I also feel like reviews overexagerrate everything, which is why I no longer go on sites like rotten tomatoes or meta critics and decide for myself. And box office performances have also flopped on really good movies too, which proves that box office performances don't always link to the reviews.

End of the day though if he doesn't want to watch it that's fine, but I feel he also shouldn't be too quick to judge until he actually sees it himself.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm honestly not picking up the 'im better than you' attitude the op supposedly has.While I agree that you should give something a shot before passing final judgment, why watch something you know you won't enjoy?

I know I don't like sports games. Does that mean I need to play every single madden game released so that I can justify my reasonings? Why put yourself through torture when you know you wont like something?

At the end of the day though, while you may not like his opinion, there was absolutely no need for some people to be so obnoxiously rude about it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It also didn't help that, as Snowth pointed out, his post gave off a "my belief is right and yours is wrong" vibe from reading it.
Actually, I was refering to 1,000 Eyes' response that opinions based on not seeing certain movies (what TV Tropes refers to as "Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch") are invalid and "don't count."

Which, as you know the Muppet fandom has a serious issue with . . . so much so that the MuppetCast folks got their panties in a wad over my personal decision to not see the movie is based partly on my not being a fan of Melissa McCarthy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Sgt Floyd While I do get what you're saying about the sports games (and I personally agree with certain sports games like Madden and FIFA; stuff like Grand Prix or Nascar I'd be down for), in fairness, those are multiple games with the same concept while this is just one individual film.

Also again, the "my opinion is right" thing may have been another misinterpretation of mine looking back which, again, I apologize on my part.

And I will agree some posts were a little over the top and I hope I didn't come off as that (I personally just said reviews and box office performances shouldn't always be relied on).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, I was refering to 1,000 Eyes' response that opinions based on not seeing certain movies (what TV Tropes refers to as "Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch") are invalid and "don't count."

Which, as you know the Muppet fandom has a serious issue with . . . so much so that the MuppetCast folks got their panties in a wad over my personal decision to not see the movie is based partly on my not being a fan of Melissa McCarthy.
Again, my misinterpretation on that.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I still stand by it. I don't care if you agree with me or not, you need to watch the thing before you judge it. And when I say judge it, I mean the entire movie. You can call the trailer a piece of crap, and you can choose not to watch it because you didn't like the trailer, but if so, just say that. All I got from the first post was a guy laughing about how Brian's film tanked and saying he's not watching it because it's a steaming heap. If you haven't watched it, how do you know it's a heap? There was a Thomas film that a bunch of people - including myself - disliked, but one guy didn't even watch it and called it terrible, the worst thing to ever happen in the fandom, yadda. I called him out for it too. This kind of stuff just drives me nuts. You wouldn't call an entire album good / bad based on one song, would you? Stop doing the same with movies. I don't care about if you wanna watch it or if you did watch it or if you didn't or whatever. People just need to stop this mindless criticism without knowing what they're even talking about. Just say, "Yeah, I just don't like the look of it, so I don't think I'll watch it." Boom! Winner! But not, "Yeah, I don't like this movie. I won't watch it." That cancels everything out and drives me insane. All these mightier-than-thou attitudes - which I suppose you got from my posts too, and that wasn't my intention - are just killing me from the inside out. Eugh.

Space Muppet

Reaction score
I'm really sorry Brian Henson gave you a bad impression. He probably didn't know you were one of the puppeteers just because, he wasn't the one who hired the puppeteers. He was kind enough to sign my copy of Jim Henson the Biography when I met him at DragonCon.
Dude, I was on-set with Chip on my hand... he knew who I was.