Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I like Robot Chicken; even if the content isn't good (which I'm not saying it isn't), the art of stop-motion is enough to carry it for me, but a lot of it is genuinely hilarious:

And yeah, I'm a fan of Family Guy, but sometimes they unnecessarily push boundaries and do dumb **** cause they don't have ideas.

Whenever this was, this was when FG was good:

And to add to what LittleJerry said, it still amazes me how genius it was that Henson killed TMS in it's prime; just awesome. That's a man who truly cares about his work.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I like Robot Chicken; even if the content isn't good (which I'm not saying it isn't), the art of stop-motion is enough to carry it for me, but a lot of it is genuinely hilarious:

And yeah, I'm a fan of Family Guy, but sometimes they unnecessarily push boundaries and do dumb **** cause they don't have ideas.

Whenever this was, this was when FG was good:

And to add to what LittleJerry said, it still amazes me how genius it was that Henson killed TMS in it's prime; just awesome. That's a man who truly cares about his work.
I agree about Robot Chicken. They definitely push boundaries but unlike what I had previously said about Family Guy, I can't recall any scene on that show that could possibly encourage suicide. They've certainly done jokes about suicide here and there, but they always treat in a negative light.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Like I said before, I was getting tired of the show by season 8, because that's when I feel like the show just completely changed (Cleveland temporarily left, Stewie is just a comic relief with homosexual jokes and only interacts with Brian, Quagmire just became a giant ******, Brian is now the most ignorant and sex-deprived dog), and I noticed even Cleveland's personality really changed in the Cleveland Show.

The thing I've learned is - shows either go really good or really stale by the sixth season, depending on how it's played out.

Sesame Street got better as time progressed, so did Regular Show, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Simpsons was doing well but then around season 9 was when it just started to drop, South Park was great until maybe around 2012. Then it just became hit and miss. But they still do a good job with making fun of stuff.

Family Guy was starting to show some problems in my opinion by seasons 6/7, but I thought they were forgiveable. Season 8, I was just over with the show.
I didn't care for season 8 either. It was exceptionally mean spirited, even by Family Guy standards. That was the season where they mocked Terri Schiavo and made fun of Sarah Palin's son for having Down's Syndrome. I don't consider either of those things funny myself. That was also the season when I had begun to notice them including too many obscure pop culture references for no reason. Like Rubik the Amazing Cube for example. REALLY!? Do they expect their millennial audience to know who Rubik is? Well I know one thing, I had to Google him because I previously had no idea.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm personally not bothered by people or religion or fiction, etc being made fun of long as I know this is the type of humor I know I'm risking of putting myself at watching and no one asked me to watch it, even though I will also admit I can understand why some people thought the show went too far in certain senarios, but what I'm more bothered by is just the show getting very predictable with their plots and jokes and characters I once loved being turned into something else.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't care about people making fun of Sarah Palin. It's just idea that they just out of the blue mentioned the fact that her son has Down's Syndrome. It wasn't even clever how they did it they just randomly mentioned it. What's the point!? Are we supposed to treat the idea of her son having a disability as a joke? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Sarah Palin jokes aren't funny...……..

If they hadn't brought her son's extreme disability into it, I wouldn't been completely cool with that scene.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I mainly just watch The Goldbergs, Black Mirror, and She-Ra these days. I am looking forward to Stranger Things 3 though and occasionally tune into Family Guy whenever I can.

Nowadays though, most of my time is spent doing things like surfing the web, listening to music, and for the most part:Creative writing. I seldom ever watch TV these days and most of my visual entertainment comes from YouTube videos that better suite people of my attention span.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
2019 update.....

-Happy Tree Friends (obviously;this one should be a given by now)
-The Simpsons
-Bob's Burgers
-Rick and Morty (my new favorite adult cartoon now that I'm done with Robot Chicken. Coincidentally they both have a mad scientist as the main protagonist lol).
-Final Space
-Family Guy (seasons 1-5, all the "Road To....." episodes, and the most recent two seasons, 16 and 17, only. The rest of it is kinda stupid as far as I'm concerned)
-The Big Bang Theory (R.I.P.)
-Young Sheldon
-The Goldbergs
-Schooled (Goldbergs spin-off;basically the same show but in the 1990s)
-The Kids Are Alright
-Stranger Things
-The Orville
-Gotham (I love anything Batman related)
-Whose Line Is It Anyway? (both the original and the reboot. I like both eras equally).
-Saturday Night Live (mainly the stuff from the 70s to the 2000s. Some of the new episodes are good though).
-The Passage
-That 70s Show
-The Connors
-The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon
-Jimmy Kimmel Live
-The Flintstones
-Making It (The game show with Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman as the hosts. It's just such a wholesome and positive family show. The contestants aren't doing it for the typical greedy mentality of wanting to make money like most game show players do, they seem to only do it because they enjoy getting to meet new likeminded creative individuals. This is evident through how the "competitors" tend to help each other finish their projects a lot of times. It's a serious breath of fresh air to see a game show where the contestants aren't motivated by greed but rather by a sense of community).
-Jeopardy (My parents and I love playing along with this game and seeing how many questions we can answer).

Upcoming series I'm looking forward to at the moment:

-Close Enough (Hilarious adult oriented humor from the creator of Regular Show).
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot (I loved the original so this new one seems promising).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
March/April 2019 update:

Huge fan of:
- Steven Universe
- Homestar Runner
- Camp Camp
- Whatever Happened to Robot Jones (This show has kinda taken over my life now, if you couldn't tell already.)
- Angry Beavers
- Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil

Enjoy, but don't obsess over:
- Powerpuff Girls (the old version)
- Dexter's Laboratory (Only the first 2 seasons, though there are a few episodes from seasons 3 and 4 that I like.)
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- Wander Over Yonder
- We Bare Bears
- Hamtaro (I used to be obsessed with it back in 2015-ish, though.)
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (I also used to be obsessed with this one when I was younger.)
- Drake and Josh
- Good Luck Charlie (One of the very few tween sitcoms that I actually enjoy, along with Drake and Josh.)
- Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- Buddy Thunderstruck

Used to be a huge fan of and still like, but not as much anymore:
- Ren and Stimpy (The whole fiasco with John K. sorta ruined this show for me.)

I'm sure there's other shows that I like that I can't think of at the moment, but those are my faves right now.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
March/April 2019 update:

Huge fan of:
- Steven Universe
- Homestar Runner
- Camp Camp
- Whatever Happened to Robot Jones (This show has kinda taken over my life now, if you couldn't tell already.)
- Angry Beavers
- Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil

Enjoy, but don't obsess over:
- Powerpuff Girls (the old version)
- Dexter's Laboratory (Only the first 2 seasons, though there are a few episodes from seasons 3 and 4 that I like.)
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- Wander Over Yonder
- We Bare Bears
- Hamtaro (I used to be obsessed with it back in 2015-ish, though.)
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (I also used to be obsessed with this one when I was younger.)
- Drake and Josh
- Good Luck Charlie (One of the very few tween sitcoms that I actually enjoy, along with Drake and Josh.)
- Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- Buddy Thunderstruck

Used to be a huge fan of and still like, but not as much anymore:
- Ren and Stimpy (The whole fiasco with John K. sorta ruined this show for me.)

I'm sure there's other shows that I like that I can't think of at the moment, but those are my faves right now.
Yes, I can definitely tell that Robot Jones has taken over your life. Don't worry though, you are not alone my friend. I too was once heavily obssesed with a robot cartoon, only difference was that the robot I loved was a chicken, not a Jones lol :stick_out_tongue:.