Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to Google's Santa Tracker, the fat guy and his little elf friends were just in my town about six minutes ago:

Seems like his timing was about the same this year as it was last year (and the year before that he apparently arrived a few minutes after midnight).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice this year, instead of cutting the traditional A CHRISTMAS STORY marathon short for a marathon of THE BIG DANG THEORY, TBS is cutting it short for a mini-marathon of AMERICAN DAD! and FAMILY GUY . . . what do either of those shows have to do with Christmas?

Well, this year's theme apparently was DODGEBALL: I got three t-shirts (two Average Joe's - one black and one yellow, and a Globo Gym), and Vinyl Idolz of Peter LaFleur and White Goodman.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As silly as it sounds, one thing that made me smile today was finally getting to wear my new Christmas sweater for the first time.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Seriously…. It's November 5, and Christmas commercials have already sprung up, we got a Christmas card in the mail today, and Toy's R Us sent in the giant Christmas magazine already! It seems like it came in REALLY early this year. What do you think?
I HATE it when people start doin that. Of course, "I Hate Christmas" in general, like Oscar, but I HATE it when radio stations start playin Christmas music like the day after Hallloween

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't it ironic how everybody is quick to start pushing Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving is over, but the very day after Christmas - when there's still almost an entire week of December left - they yank it off? Even MC.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Isn't it ironic how everybody is quick to start pushing Christmas music as soon as Thanksgiving is over, but the very day after Christmas - when there's still almost an entire week of December left - they yank it off? Even MC.
All of the local stations have already done it.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I was at Walmart the other day (thankfully we hardly ever go there, because I really don't like it there), and they already have an aisle of Christmas stuff up. And it's not even Halloween yet!!