The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
So great to see the Kermit sketch, even if I can't hear the original English. I was a little confused by the description saying he repeats what he did with the hats after being asked what a reporter does, but from the looks of it, it looks like Kermit was going back and forth acting like himself and Leslie doing that exact interview.

Ironically, this thread got started because the Guy Smiley segment was on the Verizone service (I guess nobody saved the video).
I know, right? There should be an alternative way to find the clip, either go contact Sesame Workshop for it (though as usual, I can't guarantee they'll allow you to put it online due to copyright restrictions...?), or spend up your muscled efforts digging through hundreds of THOUSANDS of episodes of foreign co-productions. :stick_out_tongue:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Oh look, BigMuppetFan reposted MY video.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
WOAH. :O

Scarecroe is SOOOOO talented with removing watermarks from images. I can never do watermark removal that good.
He took this from the Turkish source and like, photoshopped it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
WOAH. :O

Scarecroe is SOOOOO talented with removing watermarks from images. I can never do watermark removal that good.
He took this from the Turkish source and like, photoshopped it.
I mean, it's really easy when you know the right tools.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt I was talking with Michael Earl about Leslie Mostly, in the dream he at first said that he didn't consider Leslie Mostly in the "CASA" sketch to really be Leslie Mostly, then admitted that he was under the weather when performing most of her segments (explaining why she was so energetic in the CASA segment but more straightforward in most of the others we've seen).

It was just a dream, but a cool dream.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Last night I dreamt I was talking with Michael Earl about Leslie Mostly, in the dream he at first said that he didn't consider Leslie Mostly in the "CASA" sketch to really be Leslie Mostly, then admitted that he was under the weather when performing most of her segments (explaining why she was so energetic in the CASA segment but more straightforward in most of the others we've seen).

It was just a dream, but a cool dream.
LOL. Just because CASA came last to be aired in an episode doesn't automatically mean it chronologically was produced last. It's just that the producers get to decide whatever inserts they air in the pattern and in relevance to the subject of the episode. I'll tell you that the Guy Smiley skit wasn't the first to be filmed, even though it was the first one to air. I think all these Leslie Mostly skits were taped during Season 11.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
LOL. Just because CASA came last to be aired in an episode doesn't automatically mean it chronologically was produced last. It's just that the producers get to decide whatever inserts they air in the pattern and in relevance to the subject of the episode. I'll tell you that the Guy Smiley skit wasn't the first to be filmed, even though it was the first one to air. I think all these Leslie Mostly skits were taped during Season 11.
I didn't say that I thought it was the last one to air, just that I dreamt Michael Earl provided an explanation for her portrayal being a bit different there (I wonder if there's more of her interviewing letters). Besides, the Muppet Wiki lists a later EKA for the Kermit one (I suspect the episode numbers listed for the Guy Smiley, Cookie Monster, and Kermit ones are firsts, but I don't know for sure).

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I didn't say that I thought it was the last one to air, just that I dreamt Michael Earl provided an explanation for her portrayal being a bit different there (I wonder if there's more of her interviewing letters). Besides, the Muppet Wiki lists a later EKA for the Kermit one (I suspect the episode numbers listed for the Guy Smiley, Cookie Monster, and Kermit ones are firsts, but I don't know for sure).
Definitely I had no idea, but some us doubt that "CASA" could've been her debut, given by what you stated above, but we don't know for sure. I know that some other Muppets like Count Von Count, Amazing Mumford, and of course, Elmo sounded and acted different during their debut appearances.