The Doctor Who Thread

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Okay, I've finally gotten to watch the premiere. And right now my only real thought is, "Oh, that's why the Sonic looks like that."
Yeah, I kind of figured 13 got her sonic in a different way than her predecessors. But anyway...

I really, really enjoyed The Woman Who Fell To Earth! Was it the best episode ever? No. But was it still enjoyable? Absolutely. It really feels like the breath of fresh air that the series needs... and I can't wait to see what Chibnall does with the rest of the series!

First of all, the episode looked absolutely gorgeous. I love the new cinematic look/the new cameras they are using for the show. There was also some awesome direction from Jamie Childs... many scenes just took my breath away. Also, I am LOVING the new music by Segun Akinola. As a fan of Classic Who music and synth in general, the score felt completely fresh and atmospheric, without the (sometimes) very loud and bombastic sounds of Murray Gold. (And I'm not complaining about Murray Gold - I think his music is fantastic, it's just I love the new style as well!)

The new companions seem very fascinating, I'm particularly intrigued by Ryan and Graham's relationship - can't wait to see where they go with that. Yaz felt a bit... I don't know... I think we didn't get to see her character's true potential as the episode focused more on the other companions.
I honestly wish Grace hadn't died!! That was definitely a surprise... I'm kind of sad we won't (presumably) get to see anymore of her character. :frown:

Speaking of deaths, this episode was actually quite dark! Like, not on the scale of Resurrection of the Daleks... but still, there were many casualties.

Jodie was pretty frickin' awesome, I'll say that. The second she
crashed into the train and the Doctor Who theme started playing
I thought "Yes, this is the Doctor!" I sorta wished that we got to see more of her quirks though. Idk, she kind of felt like a mash-up of 9, 10, & 11 and didn't have something very distinct about her Doctor. I have a feeling that next episode will deal with that though.

Probably the best part of the whole episode imo was the showdown between 13 and the villain of the story,
Tim Shaw.
Jodie delivered an awesome speech that really emulated the core aspects of the Doctor's beliefs.

Overall, a solid episode and WOW what a great cliffhanger. Can't wait for next week's.

PS. WHY WASN'T KARL A COMPANION?????!!!! KARL SHOULD'VE BEEN A COMPANION!!!!! CHIBNALL BETTER MAKE KARL A COMPANION NEXT SERIES OR SOMETHING....!