Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The biggest issue of all is how lazy our society has gotten. More and more people skip out on exercise, which is the most important part of staying healthy. I struggle with it myself.
Exercise doesn't have to be strenuous or boring. It's not like you have to do a thousand push ups or sit ups to be healthy. Just taking a 15 minute walk can make a world of difference.
Imagine everybody getting up from the computer or putting down the phone and stretching their legs for 15 minutes. That's not a high price to pay.

As for foods being good or bad for you, a lot you can thank lobbyists who spend big bucks to promote their interests. I've seen pork, eggs, milk, and coffee change sides. Once upon a time all these things would kill you. Then you hear praises of their health benefits.

The one real killer to me is salt. Some people may have a higher tolerance, but salt is bad news to me. So many packaged foods (especially canned soup) are salt bombs, but they're cheap, and a lot of people swear by salt to make things taste good. I have found salt substitutes, eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, and I'm a lot less thirsty. It was a necessary adjustment I had to make, but I don't miss salt. Just occasionally craving pizza.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm no grammar nazi, but I am a bit of a spelling nazi, and the thing that bothers me the most about so many memes on Facebook - political or otherwise - is there's always at least one misspelled word . . . and it's usually a word that's not at all hard to spell.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The problem with "try to" and "try and" is that the one word makes all the difference. "Try to" means you're trying to watch your salt intake. "Try and" means you're trying and watching your salt intake. No you aren't, unless I've really been misinterpreting that post. You're trying to watch it.

For the love of god, use the right word.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Old Thunder I have a feeling you would get along very well with my old Developed writing professor Mr. Carmichael at Landmark college.

He was VERY good at correcting grammar/any mistakes with incorrect wording for it.