"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
OK, fine, I’m very sorry if I went too far. I love Melissa Manchester, I just got confused. So many Melissas in the world it’s a little bit hard to keep track. No more extreme posts, I promise. & if I slip up even once, even just by accident, then I promise I’ll leave Muppet Central forever.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I love Melissa Manchester
I thought you just said you hated her...

So many Melissas in the world it’s a little bit hard to keep track.
I mean, not really.

No more extreme posts, I promise.
Aw man! I really liked it. Please do more of them!

& if I slip up even once, even just by accident, then I promise I’ll leave Muppet Central forever.
I think I'm getting deja vu...

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Yeah but I meant to say I hate Melissa McCarthy. So many Melissas in the world, it's sometimes hard to keep track lol

MWoO

Reaction score
I saw the movie and thought it was alright, though woefully lacked background. I expected there to be a lot more focus on the origin of the Happy Time Gang. Brian said in an interview that something like 20 or 30 minutes were cut, most of which was story. I could definitely tell that the movie was butchered in editing. They also did a little too much improv. It wasn't as bad with the improv as Ghostbusters 2016 though which suffered from way too much improv and terrible editing. I saw a fan edit of that movie that put back in some deleted scenes that were totally needed and cut a lot of the bad improv. It was fantastic. But I digress.

I don't really get why people are mad about the movie and think it ruins their childhood. None of the characters were ones we grew up with. They were all original, and there weren't really any analogs for characters we knew. The story that was left in tact was actually pretty good and I did not see the twist coming to be honest.

I hope the blu-ray has a director's cut. If it does I will buy it and likely enjoy the movie a lot more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They also did a little too much improv. It wasn't as bad with the improv as Ghostbusters 2016 though which suffered from way too much improv and terrible editing. I saw a fan edit of that movie that put back in some deleted scenes that were totally needed and cut a lot of the bad improv. It was fantastic. But I digress.
Yeah, too much improv is definitely a major problem I have with most modern mainstream comedies. It's usually quite apparent in Melissa McCarthy movies.
As for crucial plot points being edited, it kind of reminds me of The Muppets(2011), when the entire reason behind why Miss Piggy and Kermit stopped talking to each other was cut out of the final film and the conflict between them just ended up being confusing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
honestly i'm just waiting for it to come on netflix to watch it. I've never been one for raunchy anything being a sex repulsed aroace so I'm not in any rush to see it, but I do have a morbid curiosity about it.

Regardless. I think the whole ruined childhood thing comes through proxy. People grew up on sesame street and other puppet shows for kids so they see a puppet doing something adult and GASP! it's basically the mindset that puppets are pure and innocent children's entertainment.

but people also like to throw around the term carelessly anyway and like. at this point i think people use it as a synonym for 'i dont like this thing that reminds me of something else.' But if your childhood was truly ruined from watching this movie where now you cant look at big bird without thinking about puppet cumshots then you've got some serious issues