Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That song Row Row Row Your Boat, the part where it goes "life is but a dream" I used to think it was "life's a butter dream".
Ummm, excuse me don't you mean

"Propel, propel, propel your craft, gently down liquid solution, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, existence is but an illusion," :stick_out_tongue:.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Sometimes when I was bored on the school bus as an elementary schooler, I would look out the window and imagine Sonic the Hedgehog on the road running next to the bus.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
When I was in my tween and early teen years, I used to take acting classes down at a local theater. Well, for some weird reason there was always this faceless mannequin wearing a tuxedo up at the top of the theater that appeared as though it was staring down on us in a creepy way. So my friends and I made a recurring joke out of that where we would say,
"Remember to study your scripts harder or the Slender-Man is gonna get ya!". Because that mannequin totally looked like freaking Slender-Man lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I used to think the backing vocals in "I'm a Little Airplane" on the "neow neow, neow-neow-neow-neow-neow" were singing "downtown."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think I mentioned this before, but I always thought (and still think) Jimmy from Ed, Edd 'N Eddy looked like a Samurai Jack character without his outline.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of Jimmy, here's another unpopular opinion: I don't believe he's gay.

I know much of the EEE fandom has made Jimmy being gay fanon: he's effeminate, he has girly interests such as playing with dolls, playing dress-up, having tea parties, decorating, and such . . . but I don't believe he's actually gay, and here's why: he's been shown to have romantic feelings for Sarah. Not only does he call Sarah his girlfriend (to be fair, he does do it in a manner that women refer to each other as their girlfriends), but he's been shown to pamper and tend to her like a boyfriend would a girlfriend, not to mention he flew into a depressive funk and even jealous rage when she developed a crush on Double D and started stalking him. On a lesser note, there's been times where we also see that he does want to be a tough, macho man when he grows up.

As far as Jimmy's girly interests and pastimes are concerned, I honestly believe it's just a phase he's going through, because I speak from experience. As I've mentioned other times, I went through such a phase when I was like three to five years old: it's not because I felt like I was supposed to be a girl, or that I felt like I was gay, or that I wanted to be a girl, or anything like that - it was just simply because girl toys and such looked fun.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Maybe he also just has a casual feminin side to him.

I mean, as a grown man, I'm not ashamed to admit I have some plushies of female characters and I watch chick flicks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same. 13 GOING ON 30 is a guilty pleasure of mine, lol.

And, too, even though it wasn't something I ever did intentionally, I eventually came to realize that I've created more female characters than I have male characters. Take Steve's little cast of characters, for example: he's the only male one; Bethany, and each of the Squirrely Squirrels are all female. Similarly, one concept I've developed that still hasn't gotten off the ground, has a cast of four: the main protagonist is female, her sidekick is female, and the main antagonist is female, but the "fourth ranger"/comic relief character is male.

Again, it wasn't something I did intentionally or consciously, and I don't even know why I ended up creating such a larger ratio of female characters than male, but at the same time, I also think in a way, I'm doing a service. What's a common complaint among the world of entertainment? A serious lack of positive, likable female characters for girls to relate to. Some of mine could quite possibly fit that bill.