What song can you not get out of your head?

cjd874

Reaction score
This amazing, beautiful science fiction-type song by Queen that I recently discovered. It always pull on my heart strings, puts tears in my eyes, and gives me goosebumps (the good kind). It is extremely creativity and you have to listen closely to understand the story being told through the lyrics. It's about a group of astronauts who go into space to explore, they see many new sights and discover interesting things but then the day comes when it is time for them to come home to Earth and tell their families all about the amazing adventures they went on in space. When they arrive home, they discover that while it may have seemed to be only one day in space 100 years have gone by since they left Earth. All of their children and husbands/wives have been long dead and everything in the world has changed far from what they remember. Man, that is truly some deep stuff and it appeals to me personally being a huge sci-fi fan and a lover of creatively woven stories:
Many of us dreamed of being astronauts when we grow up as kids, myself being no exception. But to be honest, this song completely changed that thought for me. If I was asked to go into space, I would gladly decline. You know why? Because while it would definitely be cool to see all the many interesting sights, it really wouldn't be worth it to me because my family and friends down here on Earth are far more important.
I think this is one of the most underrated songs in Queen's catalog. Brian May doesn't get the credit he deserves as a songwriter, and he also has a lovely voice. Not bombastic like Freddie Mercury's, but still pleasant to listen to. Also, Roger Taylor supplied some amazing falsetto vocals, and John Deacon learned how to play upright bass JUST for this song. One of my favorite Queen songs of all time.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I think this is one of the most underrated songs in Queen's catalog. Brian May doesn't get the credit he deserves as a songwriter, and he also has a lovely voice. Not bombastic like Freddie Mercury's, but still pleasant to listen to. Also, Roger Taylor supplied some amazing falsetto vocals, and John Deacon learned how to play upright bass JUST for this song. One of my favorite Queen songs of all time.
I agree. It's one of my favorites as well.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I dug out my tape of The Fox and the Hound over the weekend and watched it for the first time in like, nearly 20 years. IDK, actually might've been the first time I've seen the entire film. But I cannot get "Best of Friends" out of my head - it's such a beautiful tune. :cry:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Wow, just the guy disciplining the dog in that clip was cute and sad; if the film made Any cry, I'm sure some messed up stuff happens in it.

Humans are not worthy of dogs.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of people say it's one of the saddest Disney films, and it's certainly no joke. Seeing the two together as kids and then having to turn on each other when they grow up is pretty sad, but the ending though....

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I skimmed most of the key scenes on YouTube... seems like an underrated flick; the old lady abandoning the fox in the middle of the woods made me cry. I probably only cry about once a year, so there it was, lol. Disney is absolutely brutal with that stuff. It was like when that dumb kid abandoned Air Bud on that deserted island for no reason. Why did she have to get rid of the fox? I could never do that to animal.

The ending is kind of good, right? The hunter gets what he deserves, but I kinda feel bad for the other hunting dog for getting hit by a train cause he was just being loyal to his owner.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I dug out my tape of The Fox and the Hound over the weekend and watched it for the first time in like, nearly 20 years. IDK, actually might've been the first time I've seen the entire film. But I cannot get "Best of Friends" out of my head - it's such a beautiful tune. :cry:

btw, that song totally reminds me of:

You shouldn't have introduced me to this movie; it shattered my life for like 5 hours. :big_grin: What a gamut of emotions. Kinda reminds me of some of the bittersweet Muppet stuff.